Jaloosk & the 2001 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder

Thanks. :-) I'm just waiting on my JBL MS-8 to round out the electronics, then I have to build a new box because I hate the one it's in right now. It takes up half my trunk, and I have to take off a trim panel to get it in. :rofl:

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

Right now I have each channel pair bridged to each of my doors. I plan on running my Hertz components active on this amp once the MS-8 gets here...

That's a nice car and its a nice budget build. I like the spoiler too. More pics of head unit and everything once u get iT in.

Budget?

Maybe... but the hertz components and MS-8 arent exactly cheap....

Nice car man, tuned for this :good:

Also like how you've organised the build log...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

This is the installation process I went through to install my Second Skin Damplifier Pro B-Stock. I used 3½ tiles in the trunk of my car, and performed tap tests in the first and 6th videos if you want just the before and after. This is the first time I've ever made videos of something like this, and my editing skills are right up there with my breastfeeding skills...nonexistent. :D

Anyhow, try not to laugh too hard; I made the videos with my car club in mind, but they're relevant so I thought I'd share them here too. :)

Alright so I took some photos of the install as it sits last night. I didn't get any of the inside of the doors, but I will when I go to install the Hertz speakers.

20120330-IMG_4876.jpg

This is the trunk of the car stripped bare just before I installed the Damplifier Pro.

20120330-IMG_4877.jpg

20120330-IMG_4878.jpg

Don't worry, the battery negative was disconnected. ;)

20120330-IMG_4879.jpg

Slicing the tiles into strips

20120330-IMG_4880.jpg

Ready to get started (didn't take any more photos of the install; check the videos posted above if you want to see it)

20120403-IMG_4881.jpg

Second Skin Damplifier Pro installed on the trunk lid

20120403-IMG_4882.jpg

Got the amps in, and the sub box. The power distribution block is now screwed to the MDF floor.

20120403-IMG_4883.jpg

My crappy QLogic prefab box converted from a 12" opening to a 10" opening. :lol: I had to take the latch cover out of the trunk in order to get the box into the trunk.

20120403-IMG_4886.jpg

My Sundown SAX-1200d sub amp

20120403-IMG_4888.jpg

Sony head unit installed

20120403-IMG_4891.jpg

Angel gauges installed

That's it for now; once the JBL MS-8 gets here, this layout will change. I'm also seriously considering fiberglassing the sub into one of the corners just because of real estate concerns.

I guess I should post some results. :lol:

Road noise is significantly quieter. (so quiet, even my wife noticed! :lol: ) Also, I have eliminated 99% of the rattling due to the sound system. I only get very minor rattling (some on the inside, in the rear seat area, and some on the outside) when the volume gets stupid. :metal: At even moderate to high levels, there is no buzzing or rattling at all :woot: I'm very happy about that. I still have to deaden the floorpan, and install jute under the carpeting. I'm going to go shopping for that in the next week or two. :good:

Archived