2006 and up Expedition Alternator questions

Ok so I'm looking at getting a 2006 and up Ford Expedition. This is if I don't get a Tahoe (which I'm leaning towards). But here's what I'm looking at.

I've got about 3000 watts potentially going into the system, I already have the amps. I'm sure I won't be using the entire 4k. However, in the very near future, I'll be adding on an additional 2000 watts potentially. That would bring me up to 5000 watts, 2000 of that being to the subs. I'm planning a second battery already, and I'm planning a High Output Alternator as well.

Here's my question, and I've been searching for a week now.

Do the expeditions have ecu issues, like a regulator etc? I know that some people that own Tahoe's are doing a dual alt set up, stock (or aftermarket) plus the second one specifically for the audio system. Does the expedition have that same issue, or am I better off being safe to just do a dual set up anyway, and not worry about it?

Has anyone with an Expedition done this, and who sells a bracket for the Expedition to do a dual set up? I checked with DC but they only seem to have brackets for GM's and I think Dodge. Can someone point me to someone who can make a bracket, cost, etc.? Also, is there a place, like the Tahoe, to put the second battery under the hood for the expedition?

I'm looking for any help I can get on this. It's a big deal to me to know what I'm up against, before I make my decision on the type of vehicle that i get. I have seen lots of installs for Tahoes on here, and other places, but not much if anything for an Expedition.

Thanks for any help SMD Family!!!

Well i have an 04 Expedition, same underhood as an 06. I have a DC power SP260 running of an MLA on mine and DC5k in the back, four runs of 1/0, i have minimum voltage drop and the alternator acts like a champ. There's really no place to put another battery under the hook without fabricating something. As far as dual alts on the Expedition, DC Power makes a bracket, wanna say around $275-$350 for it. I have no issues with my setup except my battery light stays on but yet i have a stinger volt meters and it reads 15.0+ at all times. Rob at DC power said it had something to do with the 03/04 Expedition models but heck i've grown to seeing the light on ...... just tilt my head towards the meter and i'm cool. anyways either the Tahoe or Ex are good trucks, they both have their cons and pros, just choose.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived