TheNewbies build - DC, Skar Mitsubishi Eclipse FINISHED

Hey, my names Ryan and i've been into car audio for a little less than a year now on this forum for about ehh.. 5 months learning about car audio and let me say.. I'm definately starting to improve haha. I'm 17 and just wanted to do something bigger than my previous build (Level 3 DC). So i'm currently building my box for my level 4 M2 12'', that will be running off a SKAR 1500.1 will run 4 gauge throughout my car, and 0 gauge for the big three with another battery in back. Well, that's about all for now I'll be sure to not post to many pictures.. I know how you guys hate those ;)

BUILD

DC level 4 M2 12''

4 gauge Knu wiring.

Big three

XP 950 Battery

SKAR 1500.1

(Undecided on speakers)

Sound deadner of course..

Pioneer DEH-14UB CD USB H/U

Stock 90Amp alt

This is what im working with, my little Mitsubishi Eclipse 1997 Ricer.

downsized0221121600.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4 gauge OFC Knu wire, and my very first box. (Horrible I know)

0211021446.jpg

The start of my second box, One Way (Rick) and I took forever figuring out box specs and with our cuts so I moved it to my room because it was dark and I wanted to start :twirl:

downsized0310122124.jpg

downsized0310122136.jpg

The lines were i should put the port walls

downsized0310122218a.jpg

downsized0311121019.jpg

downsized0311121608.jpg

Put the box on my double baffle while it was drying.

0311121610.jpg

I was going to have the box like this.. was a piece of metal saying "SPL" but didn't want people to get the impression I thought I was all that. So i took it off.

downsized0311122003.jpg

Did this instead, I think it looks cleaner anyways, I put the screws back into the holes that were holding up the sign so there wasn't going to be any air coming out. Ran outta paint gotta get some more tomorrow.

downsized0311122107.jpg

For laughs I put a picture of my first box and the 4 gauge wire, (very first picture) to show progress. Well so far this is what I have figure i'd get a build thread started now rather than later. I'll be adding pictures as my items come in, and the build progresses. Thanks guys :drink40:

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

dang who ever helped u most have done most of the work... :P:rofl:

looks good ryan now cutout the circle! :BART:

Thank you sir, I'll be working and should finish tomorrow. Then just wait for the sub to come, along with funds for the amp.

Yeah.. he sure did TONS of work xD

Check out my build log:

Finally got some paint!!

0313121950.jpg

Decided to finally cut out the circle.

downsized0313121545.jpg

Got rid of the DC logo that was colored in MDF board

downsized0313122057.jpg

downsized0313122233.jpg

downsized0313122244.jpg

Painted it up, well see how it looks.

0313122246.jpg

Well, after all these horrible photos that I took with my phone, I finally started to use the camera.. heres the almost finished box.

img3055p.jpg

img3056g.jpg

img3057g.jpg

We'll now I gotta go get some damn screws that will work out for the top baffle, gotta remember I'm pretty limited tool wise here at my house.. guess you could say we have the basic needs so bare with me :) Any input or constructive criticism is always welcome. Trying to improve in anyway i can, second box so I'm sure theres something. Thanks. :drink40:

Check out my build log:

Time to brush up on teh jigsaw skillzzz ;)

like how the box is turning out though. tuned in fo this

oh and one more bee tee dubz, a pint can of rustoleum and a paint roller will yield a much better finish than that spray paint will. future reference :)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Time to brush up on teh jigsaw skillzzz ;) like how the box is turning out though. tuned in fo this oh and one more bee tee dubz, a pint can of rustoleum and a paint roller will yield a much better finish than that spray paint will. future reference :)

Yeah, I know haha. Soon as I cut it was pretty irritated at myself. But with time i'll get better for sure. Maybe get a circle jig :) Thank you sir.

EDIT: Ah damnit, I had some in my garage too, but I was looking for a more.. spray paint look I guess you could say haha, I purposely painted outside the paper to create the little square.

Check out my build log:

yeah the DC logo was pretty cool looking. but i hate spray paint finish on the whole box personally. the wood just soaks up too much paint.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

yeah the DC logo was pretty cool looking. but i hate spray paint finish on the whole box personally. the wood just soaks up too much paint.

I agree honestly, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. I haven't carpeted and it's cheaper to paint it, so I went the cheap route being I'm poor right now :P

Check out my build log:

Archived