teamSPB Focus RS - Merc C63 AMG brakes, custom inlet manifold, SQL install, lots of carbon and some dirty stancing!

Sub being swapped out

DSC03389.jpg

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03394.jpg

DSC03396.jpg

DSC03397.jpg

Although it doesnt look different on the face...the new motor design has meant more motor force and increased performance on the 50hz+ region. The new motor has also made the sub sound different to the old one in the same box in the respect that the sub sounds even smoother (which is a BIG task in itself!) as the transition between the frequencies is even more effortless and smooth flowing...

I havent had much time to listen to it yet as the car is off the road, but from what I have heard...it sounds lovely!

teamSPB

Next up was a rebuild of my front coilovers...as some of you know, I run the FRS as low as I could get the coilovers to go...this meant winding them right the way down on the Gaz Gold coilovers...

I wanted to go lower so I took them off and got them rebuilt...while Gaz had the coilovers, I made sure they checked them over to make sure they were OK and even after 5 years or so of being on the car, they reported the valves and everything within the shock itself were ok and didnt need rebuilding...

This meant they could get on with modifying the coilovers to go even lower on the front (although they were shaking their heads in disbelief I wanted to go lower LOL)...so this meant a set of Custom springs being made up which are specced for a race car, custom bump stops, and the top of the shock machined...they were then picked up looking like this...

DSC03413.jpg

DSC03412.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

DSC03410.jpg

So how low does it sit now???

DSC03421.jpg

DSC03420.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

DSC03417.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

teamSPB

I'm in love

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I hated the original steering wheel in the car so set about looking for a replacement...

I managed to get a Mk2 FRS steering wheel at a decent price which was brand new...had blue stitching and the RS logo was also in blue...snapped that up right away!

Old

DSC03365.jpg

New

DSC03367.jpg

DSC03369.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

DSC03378.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

NOT a straight forward fit by ANY means! A right ball ache to be honest!

DEFINITELY an improvement though! The offset of the wheel is completely different to...where the old steering wheel was a fingers length away from the stalks...this is probably half an inch to an inch further away...

The airbag cover was also a brand new unit...so all in all..its a BRAND new FRS MK2 steering wheel on the car!

This is fucking sexy. Amazing work man

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Then it was onto a new turbo for this year...The previous turbo was a GT28 from SCC however, I wanted to change it for a little while so another turbo came up and I snapped it up...

This turbo is just a temp turbo for now as it will be making its way onto another car im building...then I will decide if the car is staying with me or if ill be parting with it...if it stays...then things are going to get a whole heap wilder!!!

Some pics of the old turbo vs new

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

New rims are here...these are more than likely just a temp fix for now until I decide a more permanent solution...failing that, I will have about 4 different sets for the car lol!

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 9 x 18 of goodness!! BIG shout out to Harps for sorting these out!!!

cb9079dd.jpg

teamSPB

Archived