Alrighty fellas, about a week ago I bought the new PSVITA that Sony put out. Now it's time for a review. At first glance I thought this would be one of those consoles that wouldn't be worth my time and money, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Where do I start with this, Sony completely redesigned the main screen with several bubbles that make navigating this console easy and hassle free. Moving on to one of the big dissapointments from the psp, remote play. There were several complaints that I herd about remote play for psp, ranging from "it's slow and sluggish" all the way to "it just doesn't work", well Sony fixed whatever bugs were in remote play, it now works almost perfect. I have personally tested remote play on several different connection speeds, and it worked great.

The PSVITA is truly a step ahead of the competition with augmented reality games. Inside the PSVITA box you will find a package of 6 AR play cards, don't throw these away. On the playstation store you will find about 4 games that use these cards. These games are neat, but there is a bit of a flaw with them, the games use all 6 cards, and they have you lay them on a flat surface in a certain way, throughout game play you have to keep all 6 cards in view of the camera otherwise all progress in the games stop and you have to re adjust yourself so that all 6 cards are in camera view. The concept is great, it just needs a little improvement.

Next on the chopping block is the PSVITA's rear touch panel. If you are like me you are proably thinking to yourself how would I even use the rear touch panel. The PSVITA makes great use of the rear touch panel, I find myself on the Facebook app using the rear touch panel to scroll the page along. Also when playing the game little deviants, there are certain levels where you have to roll the character around the map by creating a hill using the rear touch panel. Going back to the augmented reality, little deviants makes great use of the camera. The game places the characters in your living room, flying around, and you have to shoot down the bots that are trying to capture them.

The biggest complaints I have herd, and I also agree with them, is game load times, expensive memory cards(seriously get the saw out and cut your arm off, cause that's the price for one of these bad boys) the developers shoving the touchscreen interface down your throat, and the game updates, seriously, I bought the game called unit13 (amazing game btw) the day after it came out, and there was already an update for it SMH. Overall the PSVITA deserves a solid 8.5 out of 10 rating. Defiantly a giant leap ahead of the competition. Oh and for the extra $50 get the wifi+3G model, I can't even begin to tell you how much I regret getting the wifi only model.

Happy gaming,

Crispy_chick3n

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Archived