Second Skin Audio

Is this the right idea of a T line?

hey guys! I just have a question about my t line enclosure design. So, I spent about 30 min designing a t line over the weekend and I think I got the idea right but I think I got the port wrong. After doing the equation (1130/freq= port length) and I got 5.65ft or 67.8 inches. So what I did is put it a box that has the dimensions of

H= 38.3 in

W=7

D=11.7

Port width=5.5

Port height=2.9

Port length=67.8

So my question is, I put a port with 2 bends. And it looks slot for 1 5 1/4 speaker. So I was wondering, do I need a port with 1 bend. Because what I did was divide the port length into 2 which is 33.9. So I put that into 2 bends. I just want them. Know if this is right

http://sketchup.google.com/

It is a big help, especially when communicating ideas. Id help but Im not really sure what you are saying. Drawing a picture could work in a worst case scenario as well

This is what i meant my a port with 2 bends. So i basically what i did was divide the port length into 2 and made those the two bends. Is this right?

EDIT: It wont let me upload the picture, it says this image extension is not allowed on this community. I uploaded it to Photobucket and trying using the url.

Just posted the link...

http://s1226.photobu...=Untitled-2.png

Edited by infinity

This is what i meant my a port with 2 bends. So i basically what i did was divide the port length into 2 and made those the two bends. Is this right?

EDIT: It wont let me upload the picture, it says this image extension is not allowed on this community. I uploaded it to Photobucket and trying using the url.

Just posted the link...

Right click on pic, Open link in new tab > then copy image url =]

Untitled-2.png

edit: left right fail :rofl:

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Just posted the link...

Left click on pic, Open link in new tab > then copy image url =]

Untitled-2.png

ohhhh :P thanks man :)

Personally, i'd add a third bend so that the port and the sub aren't facing opposite directions..

like this but minus one bend

401353_237947999630844_101923673233278_489288_1685013805_n.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Personally, i'd add a third bend so that the port and the sub aren't facing opposite directions..

like this but minus one bend

401353_237947999630844_101923673233278_489288_1685013805_n.jpg

So your saying to add a third bend to the box? but wouldnt that make the box to big for the speaker (its only 5 1/4)

well keep it the same width, but in the process you shorten the two bends... it's difficult to explain but basically you just have to measure down the middle of the port and cut off the width until you get the right total port length. there's a method i use so it's not so guess and check but i can't really explain it.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.