Alternator Noise?

Hey guys,

I'm having a ground noise coming through my mids/highs. Funny thing is, when I turn off the engine and let the music play, it's completely gone. I mean sqeaky clean. But as soon as I start the engine I hear it. It gets a little louder and high-pitched when I rev my engine. I checked all my grounds and they are tight. I have 2 runs of 0 guage (one+ and one-) coming from the front to rear battery...plus they are both grounded to the body of the car. At first I thought it was my EQ/HU but everything's perfect when the engine is off so I ruled them out. Does anyone know what could be causing this? My alternator taking a crap?

Hey guys,

I'm having a ground noise coming through my mids/highs. Funny thing is, when I turn off the engine and let the music play, it's completely gone. I mean sqeaky clean. But as soon as I start the engine I hear it. It gets a little louder and high-pitched when I rev my engine. I checked all my grounds and they are tight. I have 2 runs of 0 guage (one+ and one-) coming from the front to rear battery...plus they are both grounded to the body of the car. At first I thought it was my EQ/HU but everything's perfect when the engine is off so I ruled them out. Does anyone know what could be causing this? My alternator taking a crap?

does the alt sqeak with the car running ang the music off? if so, bad alt

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

Hey guys,

what kind of car

try to grond out side sheild of rca sounds like a ground trace in the radio leave radio on and unpluge rca if noise gos away it radio . i know you said u ruled out radio but with engine off it ihas no ac ripple to fend off try sni1 noise filter for temp fix

try to grond out side sheild of rca sounds like a ground trace in the radio leave radio on and unpluge rca if noise gos away it radio . i know you said u ruled out radio but with engine off it ihas no ac ripple to fend off try sni1 noise filter for temp fix

huh? lol

j/p man...i think i understand what you said. I think you said check for ground reference of the RCA from the H/U or radio.

I'll get in my dash later today and try that. Thanks for the advice

Archived