Second Skin Audio

DC level 4 m2 15 power handle

thermally, i dont think 2k is going to cause any issues, the suspension and cone travel on the other hand is what i would be worried about, and box size can fix that. if you are running rms, do spec size, then the more power you add, the more you take the cubic footage down.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

the more power the smaller the box is usually the way it works. dc subs are rated properly, but if the user knows what they are doing they are capable of handle more power, remember dc doesnt warrant user error so dont send a dirty signal and maybe get a box design from a reputable designer

thanks man

no problem dude and 3.5^ft is to big for 2k just fyi

awesome in your opinion what do you think will get louder? a bigger box with the rms handling or a smaller box over powering it

Spec. box at rms vs. adjusted box with more than rms?

Typically people build smaller and add power to get louder. 3ft^3 per on 2k would be perfectly fine. No offense, this is all just constructive criticism, and I respect you reaching out for help in your situation, but for now, i'd stick to 2k at the most if you insist on running over rms. Without knowing your true experience, i really think you'd be surprised at the results you'd see splitting 3k between the two in 7ft^3 man.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

the 4's are rated at 1500rms, if its a clean signal (set with a dd-1/oscope) in the correct box i can see it handling 1600-2k no problem

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

the 4's are rated at 1500rms, if its a clean signal (set with a dd-1/oscope) in the correct box i can see it handling 1600-2k no problem

says 1400 on the site for the m2s.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

says 1400 on the site for the m2s.

<<<<rep lol

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog