sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

this box coming out hella sexy

Thanks man...I wanted to make it look nice this time around and do something most don't do, I think it will turn out nice when I'm done. I'm almost considering doing something different for sub stage and amp :peepwall:

Thanks man...I wanted to make it look nice this time around and do something most don't do, I think it will turn out nice when I'm done. I'm almost considering doing something different for sub stage and amp :peepwall:

i tried to kerf 1 time and i gave up lol

Lol it's really not too hard, once you get the hang of it. I went through a few pieces before I got it right. The key is the kerf depth, it needs to be real close to going through in order to get a nice bend. If there is any more that a 1/16" it doesn't want to bend and you end up breaking if you force it.

Lol it's really not too hard, once you get the hang of it. I went through a few pieces before I got it right. The key is the kerf depth, it needs to be real close to going through in order to get a nice bend. If there is any more that a 1/16" it doesn't want to bend and you end up breaking if you force it.

i think my next build imma try it on my Chrysler if my girl lets me ,,lol

Do it man! Just use some scraps from you current build to practice on. And if you need any advice just let me know.

lol u got me thinking now,, let me finish the ranger

Haha do work man!! :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't done much on the box lately...it's been real hot, I haven't had much motivation, and I still haven't ordered my second sub yet so it's kinda not high priority to work on it right now.

I am starting on another jobsite tomorrow in Santa Clarita tomorrow, and the project should last for the better part of 4 months so I can really get some money saved up for audio I hope :D

Also, I put all my equipment I had back into the car today and mounted the amp in behind the box instead of on the back seat like before. Here's a pic of the amp install:

434fd145.jpg

Nothing too special :pardon: lol

I plan on making a false floor out of mdf and a hinged amp rack when I get the new box finished and put in. I want to hinge the amp rack so I can still access my spare tire since this is my commuter car. The new box is only a couple inches deeper than the box in there now so it should be fairly easy to make all that work seeing as I have no problems getting my spare tire out now :D

Archived