Sundown Audio

I'm running a Shuriken BT-120 in the trunk with a Optima Red Top under the hood. I also have 0ga running front to back. With these little mods, my voltage was pretty steady 13.3 to 14.4 while running my 2 channel Pioneer and my Planet Audio 1400w at 1ohm( i ran the amp at one ohm). I'm still going to have the Pionner on my mids and highs. I just need something stronger for my new subs.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

If you have a decent charging syetem and wire down to .5ohms with a paird of D2 subs, you'll get more than enough power.

How well will it be at .5ohm? Not too many amps can handle the kind of load on a daily bases.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

I'm running a Shuriken BT-120 in the trunk with a Optima Red Top under the hood. I also have 0ga running front to back. With these little mods, my voltage was pretty steady 13.3 to 14.4 while running my 2 channel Pioneer and my Planet Audio 1400w at 1ohm( i ran the amp at one ohm). I'm still going to have the Pionner on my mids and highs. I just need something stronger for my new subs.

13.3volts to 14.4volts isn't very steady at all. I stay at 14.2-14.4volts constant. I don't have voltage drop until I draw upwards of 250amps and it drops down to the float charge of my batteries (13.3volts). You're running the BB1400.1 right now right? It looks like that amp has equivalent fusing to the saz-1500 (4x40 fuses) so they should both draw around the same. I've never used a sundown amp before, but i'm guessing that it will sound a lot cleaner and louder. You have a stock alt?

Edited by MuRKRoW

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

13.3volts to 14.4volts isn't very steady at all. I stay at 14.2-14.4volts constant. I don't have voltage drop until I draw upwards of 250amps and it drops down to the float charge of my batteries (13.3volts). You're running the BB1400.1 right now right? It looks like that amp has equivalent fusing to the saz-1500 (4x40 fuses) so they should both draw around the same. I've never used a sundown amp before, but i'm guessing that it will sound a lot cleaner and louder. You have a stock alt?

I made a mistake. I was getting 13.3 when I had my old(shuriken bt-35)under the hood. I'm staying pretty steady with the Optima under the hood now on my stock alt. I still waiting to see if I will need a H/O alt after I get the SAZ1500D. I know it would be much better to have one, but i'm not just rolling in money like I want too right now.