Alright sounds good ill definitely do all that when i get the kit here.. After the kit ill have around 1300-1400 in it so maybe theres a little room for some profit right?

We would price a clean low hour 09+ 85 in the $2k obo range at the shop. Those bikes are in pretty high demand around here, not sure in your area.

Also it will be hard to tell much about the clutch until you have it going. I'm sure the plates will show some wear, as of course they are used but I wouldn't stress too much about it till you get it together and try it out. Just make sure you can get it adjusted properly (no stretched cable or worn clutch return spring), and then when it's running check for slipping.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Alright i feel a lot better about it now, i was stressing thinking maybe i bit of more than i could chew buying this. But hopefully gonna order that kit tomorrow, clean it up and maybe buy a new graphics kit for it and have a little fun on it and then see what i can get out of it.

As long as the stock graphics are in pretty good shape I'd just clean it up nicely, if the number plates have scratches buy some black number plate backgrounds to put on to cover them up. Otherwise just go over it with a fine tooth comb on cleaning it up. The less overhead you can manage the more likely you are to hit a home run on resale. It's the time of year for off road machines to REALLY start selling, and kids love these 85's. Good time of year if you can pull off getting it done quickly.

As far as assembly goes these are as straightforward as any engine you will ever mess with. Nothing difficult or complex. You should be able to handle it easily, just take your time with it.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Yeah your right ill probably just give it a good cleaning and get it running and call it good. Gonna try and get it sold before summer starts, so first thing in the morning ill be ordering that kit.

Again thanks a lot for the help, I may have some more questions later on but i really appreciate it.

Another thing, make sure the air filter is clean and use a good quality air filter oil. Grit making it past the filter can cause nikasil wear in a hurry, not a huge issue for you since you're flipping it, but to a buyer who knows what he is looking for a good clean filter is a good sign.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Use something like mineral spirits to clean it (Cuts off nearly any oils, and is not as hard on the filter as gas or other chemicals), then soap and water. Let it dry good and then oil it with a good quality filter oil... remember when doing it you can OVER oil a filter if you aren't careful. Get a good coverage, but don't leave it soaking.

If it looks pretty bad after you clean it you can scoop up a pre-oiled filter from No Toil for pretty cheap at any dealer. We sell ALOT of them at the shop, right in the upper teens lower $20 area.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Archived