banginsebring07 Posted March 19, 2012 Report Posted March 19, 2012 I have 4 type r 12's that I'm getting ready to put in an '86 single cab s10. Just wanted to see what ya'll though might be the best approach, regular ported box or a forth order? I have the room for either so my big problem is talking myself into one or the other. I'm really leaning towards a bandpass.
pa-pa-platypus Posted March 19, 2012 Report Posted March 19, 2012 i would do a 4th order...the type r's beast in a 4th order and when i think blow-through..idk i just think bandpass lol they go hand in hand to me This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
banginsebring07 Posted March 19, 2012 Author Report Posted March 19, 2012 You know you've got a point lol I've wanted to do a fourth order for a long time and now I Have the perfect chance so I might as well.
jdw46 Posted March 19, 2012 Report Posted March 19, 2012 Go for the 4th theyrr usually super loud 2000 stratus10 SunDown E-10s Singer 250amp Alt Xs Power D975Concept c2400All 0 gauge wire10 6 1/2's in Rear Doors
banginsebring07 Posted March 19, 2012 Author Report Posted March 19, 2012 Say if i had the subs split into 2 on opposing walls, is there a big difference to keeping that distance minimal or having a larger space between them?
windowtinter Posted March 23, 2012 Report Posted March 23, 2012 Do it in a v shape fourth order with between 17"sq per cube up to 20" per cube tuned between 45-50 all port specs depending on how low you really eanna go.
banginsebring07 Posted June 18, 2012 Author Report Posted June 18, 2012 Ok, so here are a few ideas and designs I've been kicking around. Please excuse the not so pretty and detailed drawings. Just wanted some input and thoughts and one over the others.
banginsebring07 Posted June 18, 2012 Author Report Posted June 18, 2012 Maybe a mod could ship this over to Subs and enclosures?
banginsebring07 Posted June 19, 2012 Author Report Posted June 19, 2012 Ok, so the first picture is more less the way I would like to go with my enclosure. I've heard different arguments as to what that box would actually be, 4th order, series tuned, yadda yadda. What guidlines would you recommend in tuning this box especially the "horn" style side of it?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.