2 18" btls or 4 15" bls? (same everything)

ok, just to paint a picture, the system is in a 96' jimmy (3) 1800 kinetik and a 1400 under the hood. 200a dc power alt,all 0 awg, damp, cap, etc. 2 hifonics brz2400's. now with no debate on those factors, what drivers should i go with for sound quality and some other things i'll talk about? i know i want fi's. i know what i can afford and it looks like the chice is, all that power.... should i go with 4 15 bls (weight difference aside) or 2 18" btls? the sound im looking for is that reall really low that moves your chest and breathing.. box tuned to 29hertz ...ya'll know what im talking about.... :) now as far as cone surface and just pure power what do you reccommend? the btls have a larger magnet ... but 4 15s have more surface area. same power. Thanks for looking and commenting, if you do so...

p.s. im not breaking any rules in looking for a specific type of bass based on ppls opinions and experiance i dont have...

Edited by SlamminJimmy96

No V.S. threads Man, But the 2 18s have more cone , more air and iirc more motor force, but some believe 18s dont sound good on certain notes. since your sticking with 2 of both size its really preference .

To add the BTLS are really SPL competition subs, i know ppl use em for daily but i dontr know how good they are. Maybe look around into DC Audio, Sundown Audio , ETC

Edited by MIKE-2U

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

No V.S. threads Man, But the 2 18s have more cone , more air and iirc more motor force, but some believe 18s dont sound good on certain notes. since your sticking with 2 of both size its really preference .

To add the BTLS are really SPL competition subs, i know ppl use em for daily but i dontr know how good they are. Maybe look around into DC Audio, Sundown Audio , ETC

Ok, this helps. I know this is preferance. Thus, the question. This doesn't qualify as v.s. because im looking for a type of bass for my preferance, not what is louder. I figured these would be rough around the edges as far as SQ. Just seeing what others have heard, ive only heard 1 18 BL, but really this helps. Thanks.

Mike, appreciate the input, but 4 15's have more cone area than a pair of 18s. also the combined motor force of the BL's would likely be greater than that of the BTL's.

and if you want a true SQL car, you're not looking for gobs of power.

yeah you can make 18's and 15's sound good if that's what you want, but SQL is a completely different path my friend.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Mike, appreciate the input, but 4 15's have more cone area than a pair of 18s. also the combined motor force of the BL's would likely be greater than that of the BTL's.

and if you want a true SQL car, you're not looking for gobs of power.

yeah you can make 18's and 15's sound good if that's what you want, but SQL is a completely different path my friend.

I was thinking the 15's too for that reason, i want a wide band width to play with but really really hit the lows as the highlight. Any reccommendations? Thanks for the response.