Truck wiring problems

I have a 1995 dodge ram 1500 single cab and I have been having some problems with the electrical in it. I have replaced at least five fuses on my dash lights to see how fast I am going, and it has blown again but I realize now that whatever it is, it needs to be fixed..

This is what it is like

-dome lights inside of the truck always on unless battery is disconnected

-dome lights turn off with the brakelights on

-when the brakelights turn on so do the dash lights

-When you release the brake wverything is back to how it was

-when the right turn signal is turned on it works as normal

-when the left turn signal is on the dash lights and dome lights alternately flash faster than it normally would

-when the hazards are on the dash lights and dome lights flash alternately but slower as the hazards normally flash

-when the dome lights are on it will ding as if I left my keys in my truck and opened the door but only once or three times

-the above does not happen with the brakepad is pressed(when the dome lights go off and the dash lights turn on)

-when the brakepad is pressed the dome lights dont turn all the way off, but the get gery very dim

-when the dome lights are on (brakepad not pressed) they get brighter when the door is opened

-with the brakepad is pressed the dome lights and the dash lights will flicker back and forth as I hit bumps on the dirt road

-they do not flicker back and forth when the brakepad is not pressed the dome light just stays on

-big 3 upgrade has been done

If anyone has any ideas as to what this can be that would be great. I thought since there are so many symptoms this might be a little bit easier to track down and fix, either way it'll beat taking it to the shop and dishing out about half a grand. So if anyone knows what the problem might be I will be happy to try it out tommorrow when it is light again.

Edit: also before the most recent fuse blew it smelled like something was burning up it was so bad in the truck that I was coughing before I got to park it and shit it off.

Basshead-in-Training

Some of the things that happened yesterday are not happening now, as for the brake pedal turning things on and off. I removed the fuse for the dome lights so they would not drain my battery. If anyone knows where to look for a break in the wiring, or where all of these wires would meet that would be great so I can have my dash lights, my parking lights, and my dome lights working.

Basshead-in-Training

I thought about checking there. Well i'll check there tommorrow and keep looking. And you're right my friends got some of the same problem. If I cant find it I'm just gonna run my own switches and fuses. I'll figure out something because I dont think its worth the money for this ol' truck. Thanks

Basshead-in-Training

• 3 weeks later...

I got lights to see how fast I'm going but, I need my tailights working so I think Ill just get wires to run from the tailights to rhe battery, but what I needed ro know was; Are the two tailights most likely wired in parallel or series? And what would I fuse them with? Maybe this information would be on the lIght itself?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Basshead-in-Training

i had some problems like you and it all started when i installed a after market radio so if u have just recently installed one id go over all my wiring and make sure everythings right also i heard somewhere that when you do a big 3 upgrade that some cars have to have the factory wire coming from the alternater to the battery has to stay connected because of the cars wireing system

he metions this in a thought bubble on the video are 2:45 mins into the video

Archived