Second Skin Audio

Lil help? 4 Sundown Audio E 12's sub enclosure

I picked up 4 of Sundown E 12's and was hoping for a little help with the enclosure. I did contact RAM Designs about this and he got back to me. Wanted to get some other opinions first. Currently I have 6 Kicker CVR 10's running off a RF T1500-bdcp @ 1.3ohms. They are all in separate sealed boxes, not much experience building ported/vented enclosures. I would like to build a proper vented enclosure for these.

I have not noticed much on here bout the E series so any help would be appreciated. Wanted to do the SA's but the ungodly amount of power they handle I did not think I could do them justice. A new amp is not in the budget.

So, this is in a 02 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab. The max dimensions would be 52w x 30h x 17d. Heres a link to an idea

This is my first post and I really appreciate any feedback. I read and use this site for improving my knowledge and getting ideas so, heres a big THANKS for the forums.

My current setup is:

Kinetic 2400 underhood

Kinetic 600 in truck

DC 250a Alt

Alpine CDA 105 headunit

Audio Control 3.2

RF T1500-bdcp @ 1.3ohms

RF Prime 300-4

4 Kicker KS 6.5 Coax

2 Kicker KS tweeter

6 Kicker 10" CVR D2

Thanks again for any opinions or ideas!

Preciate it. there was no actual design more of an idea i just did not follow up on. it was with the subs up and port at bottom firing toward passenger side. plus the length was 44in these subs outer diameter are 12.75in. as far as the slant goes meh, just thought it looked good. not looking to fiberglass or fancy up to much. it is nice to see out the back window but that is not that big of a deal to me. I know that 4 12's walled is maybe an overkill when it could be done differently. though i am not against it. knowing sundown recommends 2 ft3 tuned to 35hz i figure after sub, port, bracing displacement i would be close to 10-11 ft3 least.

thanks again

Archived