Sonic Electronix

Not new to car audio, but new to higher end systems.. couple of Q's

Looking for some experienced replies, not from any salesmen or company rep because I want unbiased suggestions/advice please!

I'll start off with hey, names Nick new to the forums. I've been an installer for multiple shops, lost my license so fell out of the scene, now I'm an electrician on jet's for Boeing, making way more then I was as an installer and wish to get back into it, but step up my game quite a bit. Last system was an Alpine Type-R 15 (2005) with an Alpine MRD-605 (I think 2005 model as well) in my ex's *gulp* 2002 Kia Rio, it was insane. 3.5cuft box @ 35hz. Literally ripped the sheet metal on the body where the trunk latches to, broke it right teh fk off! Anyways, I now have a 2003 RE Audio XXX 12, no amp, but I have thta taken care of, I'm going for 2.5k watts rms, anyways my real questions lie within the electrical system. I drive a 1994 DeVille Concours, 140amp stock alternator JUST replaced with OEM a month ago.

Looking for honest advice for how much power I'm gonna need to support roughly 2.5k watts, what brand/size of batteries, how many, do i NEED an aftermarket h/o alt? I have the money to make this as legit as I have to, but who wants to spend more then they have to right? :P All installation will be done by me, I understand how to add a batterybank, big 3 etc.. not a complete noob ;P Just really need suggestions on batteries, what will i NEED for my setup, I don't want to just go out and buy MORE then i need wasting money, I do not plan on ever going bigger then 2.5k, i don't know if I'll truly ever put 2.5k to the xxx, but I want that flexability and to have the electrical to back it up!

TL;DR

2003 RE Audio XXX 12, gonna have roughly 2.5k watt amp, need suggestions on Batteries (what's the minimum I would need to support 2.5k rms) @ 14.4 and will i NEED aftermarket H/o, I have a stock brand new OEM 140amp in my 94 deville concours.

Thank you all who take the time to read, especially to those who reply with sound advice!

At 12 volts running full tilt you will need just over 200A just for the 2.5k RMS amp. So yes, you will need a HO alternator if you plan to run full tilt with the alternator. If you plan on only using it for demos, and charge your batteries in between runs, you could get away with the stock alternator, and a bank of batteries. You will need to run multiple runs from the front to the back of the vehicle as well. Honestly it would be cheaper to get the HO Alternator, an AGM battery (XS Power is what I would recommend) for the front, and a big AGM battery for the rear. I would also run at least two 1/0 runs from the front to the rear.

I know you just dropped cash on a new alt but to maintain a 14.4 you will want to look at something that will make higher amperage at idle, as for companies you have Mechman, DC Power, Singer Alts. all great companies. At 2500 I'd do a 2 battery set up, 1 up front and 1 in the rear. As for those you have XS, Kinetic and my favorite the ole Optima yellowtops even though I get hated on for them. and thats my 2 cents ;)

Welcome back to car audio and the SMD forum!

On to the question.......

Batteries= XS power.

theres a group buy going on right now for their newest xp line. The xp3000 by itself would do the trick based on what XS power recomends. You will not be able to put it under the hood since it cant be around the heat but you could Run one of those and add a D series under the hood and be golden.

make sure before making a big purchase such as an alt, that you look and look. I have bought things then regret it for finding them cheaper, on the same note if you see a good deal take it :) Welcome back

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Welcome back to car audio and the SMD forum!

On to the question.......

Batteries= XS power.

theres a group buy going on right now for their newest xp line. The xp3000 by itself would do the trick based on what XS power recomends. You will not be able to put it under the hood since it cant be around the heat but you could Run one of those and add a D series under the hood and be golden.

x2 at 2.5k youre not gonna HAVE TO HAVE a highout put alt.. anything much more than i would def reccomend one..long as youre running at 1ohm youll be fine with this

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Wow, thank you all for the quick replies, confirmation on h/o alt and re-welcoming me to car audio.. this forum is awesome.

@rogue & platypus

I'll look into this group buy you're talking about, thanks for the info.

@toby & rogue

I was pretty sold on XS just from half ass researching, but thought I could use some confirmation, thanks!

i can't wait to feel what 2.5~k watts does... my 600watt alpine setup was THE loudest, lowest, meanest thing I've ever heard/felt.. i've installed 1k rms systems rarely when i worked at *gulp* circutcity and bestbuy doing installs, it was a good place to start. and my leads had easy 10+ years exp.. they weren't idiots, but we never did really nice higher end installs so.. yeah.

let me ask you were are you from? Boeing just put up a big plant down in charleston which is where i am from, so just wondering...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

oh i gotcha. thats where the main boeing plant is. nice dude. i am actually trying to get on with them now. hope the build goes well.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg