How to get more db with 1 12"... tricks and tips

Is there any difference if i put forward the seats or make them vertical ? I've read some article and there was some information about that there is some difference in the result? What will go on if i try to boost the bass from the player? Is there going to be any difference in the result , despite the fact of THD?

Bandpass-Geh%C3%A4use_%28enclosure%29.png 4th Order Bandpass

Bassreflex-Geh%C3%A4use_%282x%29_%28enclosure%29.png Parallel Tuned 6th Order Bandpass

Bandpass-Geh%C3%A4use_%282x%29_%28enclosure%29.png Series Tuned 6th Order Bandpass

Fixed.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Is there any difference if i put forward the seats or make them vertical ? I've read some article and there was some information about that there is some difference in the result? What will go on if i try to boost the bass from the player? Is there going to be any difference in the result , despite the fact of THD?

Every car is a bit different. How you load your sub (where you put it in the car) changes how it sounds. The best way to figure it out is trial-and-error. Just change where you put it and see if it gets louder. Then try moving your seats, visors, close vents, etc. until you get it the way you like. There's no magic formula that works in every car, just try it out.

2007 Pacifica

I highly doubt the bass boost will help you in any way. The sound wave doesnt get taller when you clip, it will always stay the same size just squares off. The only thing i see changing is more heat which will cause more resistance which in turn will cause less power going to the sub. I may be wrong but thats what i came up with logically

If you're new to building a box, try out a 4th order. Use WinISD to model it out, then build it. 6th orders are not easy to get right the first time!

2007 Pacifica

Generally speaking. No guarantee.

it's entirely possible that a ported box will be louder than a 4th order box or a 6th order box. There's a lot to take into consideration. The most important thing is that the calculations are correct for the specifications of your sub, and it's tuned to do what you want.

However, between boxes built of equal quality and calculation, a 4th order will be louder than a ported or sealed.

There are no magic enclosures or real rules of thumb. Those are myths by idiots.

2007 Pacifica

Archived