Behringer EP2000 amp

Kind of a noob to the home theater stuff but my wife and I just purchased a house cool thing is we negotiated them into leaveing the projector, screen, and surround sound in the basment. Now I'm looking for for a nice receiver thats not too expensive and a good amp to power the sub stage. I'm looking at getting a Behringer EP2000. Does anyone have any experience with this amp or another like it? I'm trying to figure out how do you hook it up to the receiver? Most powered subs seem to just need a subwoofer cable which is just one RCA this one doesn't have that. Also I see people use these with mixers is that something thats necessary? I'm not trying to make it a studio worthy sounding system just something that sounds good with music and movies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Take a picture of the rear of the subwoofer. If it has left/right speaker in AND out, you can run the front speaker out from the receiver to the subwoofer, then from the front speaker out on the sub to the front speakers. Another way is... RCA cables of some sort? Audio in iirc. There's some special shit you have to do, but I managed to make that work on my old one.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

You will either need to go from RCA -> 1/4" cable or (preferred) RCA->1/4"->DI box->XLR. The DI box will help convert the unbalanced signal to a balanced signal and help deal with any ground issues. Now if you're running just a single subwoofer on that 2000, I'd say run the amp in bridge mono (if impedance is 4 ohms or higher), parallel inputs, & use the two positive leads on the amp (that's how Behringer sets up their bridge mono mode), just be careful as to how much signal you send through...

POTATO!

Take a picture of the rear of the subwoofer. If it has left/right speaker in AND out, you can run the front speaker out from the receiver to the subwoofer, then from the front speaker out on the sub to the front speakers. Another way is... RCA cables of some sort? Audio in iirc. There's some special shit you have to do, but I managed to make that work on my old one.

You will either need to go from RCA -> 1/4" cable or (preferred) RCA->1/4"->DI box->XLR. The DI box will help convert the unbalanced signal to a balanced signal and help deal with any ground issues. Now if you're running just a single subwoofer on that 2000, I'd say run the amp in bridge mono (if impedance is 4 ohms or higher), parallel inputs, & use the two positive leads on the amp (that's how Behringer sets up their bridge mono mode), just be careful as to how much signal you send through...

WillPwn4Food

I can't really take a pic of the sub since its two MTX 9500 dual 4's already in a box. I know its not the ideal home audio set up but the box is a modified T-Line so i wanted to give it a chance and see how it works. I would be wiring the subs to a 4 ohm load overall which the behringer does 2000 watts into 4 ohms (bridged mono) the reciever i'm using is a pioneer VSX 921-K.

iceman1575

I don't quite get what you mean about RCA->1/4"->DI box->XLR? What is a DI box? And how do you go from RCA->1/4"->DI box->XLR. If you read above you will see what the subs are i'm working with for this so i'm not really worried about power to them thats for sure. Is that DI Box something like this...... http://www.sweetwate...il/SDirectPlus/ or is there any of these you would reccommend more? I don't really want a spend a boat load of money http://www.sweetwate..._Boxes/low2high . Upon further looking on that sweet water site i think i understand what you meant now. Just not sure what of the RCA spots on the back of the unit i should use? Would the Subwoofer out work? So it would go Woofer out>1/4">DI Box> XLR, or does it have to be a left and right RCA to 1/4"? I've attached a link to what the back of the receiver looks like http://www.pioneerel...20Sheet_v11.pdf.

**Edit**

Did some more research and I think I got it

Sub Preout off reciever -> Male RCA to Dual Female RCA -> Dual Male RCA to Dual 1/4" RCA ( balanced or unbalance???) -> DI Box to XLR (1 or 2 XLR cables??) -> Power Amp. Then the Subs wired to 4 ohms in to the bridged mono terminals. Does all that sound right? This is assuming i'm using the Samson S-Direct Plus DI Box.

Edited by MTXThunder9500

WillPwn4Food

I can't really take a pic of the sub since its two MTX 9500 dual 4's already in a box. I know its not the ideal home audio set up but the box is a modified T-Line so i wanted to give it a chance and see how it works. I would be wiring the subs to a 4 ohm load overall which the behringer does 2000 watts into 4 ohms (bridged mono) the reciever i'm using is a pioneer VSX 921-K.

iceman1575

I don't quite get what you mean about RCA->1/4"->DI box->XLR? What is a DI box? And how do you go from RCA->1/4"->DI box->XLR. If you read above you will see what the subs are i'm working with for this so i'm not really worried about power to them thats for sure. Is that DI Box something like this...... http://www.sweetwate...il/SDirectPlus/ or is there any of these you would reccommend more? I don't really want a spend a boat load of money http://www.sweetwate..._Boxes/low2high . Upon further looking on that sweet water site i think i understand what you meant now. Just not sure what of the RCA spots on the back of the unit i should use? Would the Subwoofer out work? So it would go Woofer out>1/4">DI Box> XLR, or does it have to be a left and right RCA to 1/4"? I've attached a link to what the back of the receiver looks like http://www.pioneerel...20Sheet_v11.pdf.

**Edit**

Did some more research and I think I got it

Sub Preout off reciever -> Male RCA to Dual Female RCA -> Dual Male RCA to Dual 1/4" RCA ( balanced or unbalance???) -> DI Box to XLR (1 or 2 XLR cables??) -> Power Amp. Then the Subs wired to 4 ohms in to the bridged mono terminals. Does all that sound right? This is assuming i'm using the Samson S-Direct Plus DI Box.

You don't have to use the DI box, just a suggestion to avoid any issues with ground noise. You could just go direct RCA to 1/4" in, but that's my opinion. I like overdoing things and making sure every crease is covered. But you do have the idea. I just make things complicated :lol::pardon:

POTATO!

Well I just want to make sure it sounds as good as possible would that DI Box I posted work fine? Also would it work to use the sub preout for the RCA connection then convert to a dual 1/4 plug? Does it matter if I use balanced or unbalanced 1/4? I'm assuming not since the DI box has balanced out on the xlr connections. Last question would I need two xlr cords then from the DI box to the amp?

To answer your question, you would go from your preamp (on back of your reciever) to the input of the EP2000 (which is 1/4" TRS OR XLR...your choice)...I own an EP4000 and get NO ground noise and I use unbalanced RCA outputs to 1/4" input.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz