Check these little guys in work!

Haha. It's my video. And the shag is now gone. The XXX's are amazing sounding!!! I replaced a set of ESB Zapco RB16.2's with them after Zapco stopped importing them and I was unable to get a matching woofer for the one I blew. Anyway, they are a little bit harsher on the high end than the Zapco's but, very warm nonetheless. It may have something to do with the amp I'm running them with which is a Zapco Ref1000.4. These lil buggers get down in all aspects and take a beating. I wouldnt hesitate to run them in any installation provided you have the room for the mounting depth of the woofer. These seem to be one of the only things that were not changed in the lineup back when RE/US AMPS all went to one name. Other than the grills. Oh and for your entertainment, here's a pic of the interior last year.

2011-06-08_15-37-57_270.jpg

And the car

060511202810.jpg

Edited by weshole

Haha. It's my video. And the shag is now gone. The XXX's are amazing sounding!!! I replaced a set of ESB Zapco RB16.2's with them after Zapco stopped importing them and I was unable to get a matching woofer for the one I blew. Anyway, they are a little bit harsher on the high end than the Zapco's but, very warm nonetheless. It may have something to do with the amp I'm running them with which is a Zapco Ref1000.4. These lil buggers get down in all aspects and take a beating. I wouldnt hesitate to run them in any installation provided you have the room for the mounting depth of the woofer. These seem to be one of the only things that were not changed in the lineup back when RE/US AMPS all went to one name. Other than the grills. Oh and for your entertainment, here's a pic of the interior last year.

The first video didn't post right but it's of peeps trying to fry those xxx 6.5's and after over 3 mins of solid abuse it couldn't be done! Haha I know what I'm using in my new build. So far This is my plan for my next build 4 re audio xxx 12's d2 and on a dc audio 7.5k amp. Then 4 of the xxx6.5's in the midstage on a Rockford fosgate t600.4 then going with the re audio Re6.5c and re audio rex5x7's on a rockford fosgate t400.4 fronts and a clarion Nz501 hu. In a 1997 ford expedition. What ya think so far?

I dont know if I read your post right but you want to run coax's up for a front stage and I am unclear of where you want to run the XXX comps. If it were me, I would run all the comps up front if at all possible and the coaxials for rear fill. Just my .02 worth.

I actually had the Clarion NX501 for about 3 weeks and was unimpressed with the 3 band eq in there. It really limited my adjustability. I switched back to Pioneer AVH P4300DVD. It's display isnt as (pretty nor does it have nav) but the 7 band eq and overall sound quality is more than enough to make me switch back. I am not bashing Clarion by any means. I have run 4 of their dbl din dvd's over the years and was impressed but I cant get past the lask of sound adjustment and quality. If you already have the hu, then run it but if you have not bought yet, check into this years Pioneer lineup.

All in all, I think your system will kill it. Way bigger than Im running.

Edited by weshole

Man, there are soooo many choices out there for equipment. The possibilities are literally endless. I dont envy your future decision making as far as what to run. I would just find a few very reputable companys (not necessarily mainstream) and invest accordingly. One thing I am a big fan of is matching amp brands on my installs. But, I also know that a lot of big amplifier manufacturers (not all) dont offer 2-4 channel amps to keep up with their powerhouse sub amps. This is just something I am partial to and use that as part of my criteria in building my system.