NOOOO my brotha. It was at one brief point (about 2 weeks of my ownership). Then it was an FP Big T28, then a small 16g which didn't take long to kill (courtesy of faulty HKS SSQV...never again will I even give one of those a chance, especially since I had to pull that turbo and put in the new one in the middle of January in my garage which I had to leave open for me to be able to work where I needed), and from their she was fitted with a Big 16g with a little extra care from Forced Performance. The specs on the wheels were not released to me. It was that turbo which required the addition of the external wastegate. It could have survived with an internal actuator in theory, but I think that boost creep would have been an issue. There was actually some speculation that the Tial 38mm wouldn't be sufficient but it worked like a champ.

your engine compartment looked like it was gonna overflow. my engine has alt of free space, and it'll have alot more after the washer fluid gets removed to inside the driver compartment, all the free space should help it stay a little cooler. but i was expecting more heat action under the hood.

is your newer turbo project done or is it still in the works ? and what kind of car or is it the same car ?

610EUROs

Yeah, it was a little cramped. So, I'm curious, what kind of car are you working with? Do you have anything in the works to help deal with the extra heat?

The new project is a car that I am kind of waiting for. The current owner and I have agreed to a price. Schedule conflicts (basically me working full time 7-5 and going to school in the evenings coupled with martial arts classes) kept us from getting this done last week. I checked it out and thought it over and had to work the deal over the phone. His wife was pregnant and very much due anytime. She delivered and they should be home by now, but I want to give him a bit to enjoy his new bundle of joy. We are supposed to schedule a time this week for me to buy it and bring it home. From there I am going to have to do a tranny swap. Then I'll change the timing belt, tensioner, tune it up and then let the fun begin.

Oh, and no, it is a 1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 6 bolt block, 4 bolt rear. Currently all stock except for a turbo timer and cat-back exhaust. Basically a virgin. I get a new transmission in the deal since the original is screwed. I have been searching for a 1G for awhile and it is rare to see any this clean and un-raped.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Yeah, it was a little cramped. So, I'm curious, what kind of car are you working with? Do you have anything in the works to help deal with the extra heat?

my car is an 86 bmw 325e its a rwd 2.7 liter 6 cylinder motor.5 speed manuel of course. right now its all gutted to body metal on the inside. i had to stop working this weekend and put back some stuff so i can pass inspection, my mom owns the shop but she would still fail me.

its been a whole bunch of setbacks so far. i have a 12" btl that i have to sell before i can order one of my new subs, i had to reinstall a bunch of stuff so i could pass inspection, and now i have to get surgery so that will put me out a couple months more. nothing ever goes easy.

Edited by FCsteve

610EUROs

Guest Nismofreak
my car is an 86 bmw 325e its a rwd 2.7 liter 6 cylinder motor.5 speed manuel of course. right now its all gutted to body metal on the inside. i had to stop working this weekend and put back some stuff so i can pass inspection, my mom owns the shop but she would still fail me.

its been a whole bunch of setbacks so far. i have a 12" btl that i have to sell before i can order one of my new subs, i had to reinstall a bunch of stuff so i could pass inspection, and now i have to get surgery so that will put me out a couple months more. nothing ever goes easy.

.my buddy has the m3 racing one. sorry to jack but where are you getting the turbo he needs one? he wants to go major with power..Wants to get it up to 550hp!!!

Edited by Nismofreak

Have him buy a generic kit with specs on the turbo matching his needs. He will have to frankenstein a couple of things, get a turbo manifold for the closest thing that he can find, chop it up and weld it to the flange from his header, that kind of thing, but if there are no kits specifically for his car then that is always an option. Hell, you can scrounge up the parts pretty cheap if you are willing to spend the time and search.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

dam um bro....tuff fit...my buddy has the m3 racing one. sorry to jack but where are you getting the turbo he needs one? he wants to go major with power..Wants to get it up to 550hp!!!

if he has an m3 e30 it shuoldnt be a tuff fit at all. im getting the turbo through my mom. but if you look on ebay they sell direct bolt on turbo kits for e30's, it does fit direct bolt on lie they say, my mom installed one at her shop and they had to modify it a bit to get it to fit, but it worked. holset and turbotechnics (sp) make good turbos.

Edited by FCsteve

610EUROs

I've never seen or experienced a real bolt on turbo kit without mods/customizing required.

ive never seen one either. they sell them for almost anything. but they never just blot right up wth no mods. there is always something that doesnt quite fit or work.

610EUROs

Guest Nismofreak
if he has an m3 e30 it shuoldnt be a tuff fit at all. im getting the turbo through my mom. but if you look on ebay they sell direct bolt on turbo kits for e30's, it does fit direct bolt on lie they say, my mom installed one at her shop and they had to modify it a bit to get it to fit, but it worked. holset and turbotechnics (sp) make good turbos.

k...he has alot of money so yah...he might get his dad m6 and do a ton to it lol

k...he has alot of money so yah...he might get his dad m6 and do a ton to it lol

sounds like a spolied rich kid <_< . but as long as he is driving a BMW thats cool by me. personally id stick with the e30, they are lighter and more geared towards racing to begin with.

610EUROs