Naw man the only thing it might affect is clearance issues with duals

ya. i have to mount the duals almost under my car because of where the intercooler pipe is going to be and the fact that the turbo will consume most of my right side engine compartment.

610EUROs

So did you add a turbo or did it come stock?

didnt add it yet. i have to finish my dash build and order the rest of my audio stuff first. i have to move my washer fluid behind my dash so when you open my hood its just all motor.

and of course im getting surgery this thursday, which delays it all even more.

610EUROs

Turbochargers = heat!

Everything (for the most part) under your hood is going to be seeing higher temps when the turbo is installed.

HO alts usually create a bit more heat.

Not necessarily a problem but it can be.

Example - my last turbo car - 99 DSM

100_0598b.jpg

Look on the heat shield on the turbo manifold in the area immediately around the wastegate. This picture was taken after a 10 minute (probably a bit less) test drive after some maintenance. The heat shield had been painted w/ way high temp paint (ford-ish) blue. It was left to cure for several days (as was the car) before it was reinstalled along with some other things. I took it out, drove 3 mins. or so to get to a somewhat safe area to run and I opened it up. I ran hard for 2 minutes tops, returned home and blue had become bright white.

Just something to think about.

Edit:

PS: for those of you who like forced induction, I should have my next project car within a week or two. :P I will try to remember to put up some pics. It will be a long time between stock and finished though.

Edited by cmrs2k
BJJ20logo20resize.png

Turbochargers = heat!

Everything (for the most part) under your hood is going to be seeing higher temps when the turbo is installed.

HO alts usually create a bit more heat.

Not necessarily a problem but it can be.

Example - my last turbo car - 99 DSM

100_0598b.jpg

Look on the heat shield on the turbo manifold in the area immediately around the wastegate. This picture was taken after a 10 minute (probably a bit less) test drive after some maintenance. The heat shield had been painted w/ way high temp paint (ford-ish) blue. It was left to cure for several days (as was the car) before it was reinstalled along with some other things. I took it out, drove 3 mins. or so to get to a somewhat safe area to run and I opened it up. I ran hard for 2 minutes tops, returned home and blue had become bright white.

Just something to think about.

Edit:

PS: for those of you who like forced induction, I should have my next project car within a week or two. :P I will try to remember to put up some pics. It will be a long time between stock and finished though.

is that stock turbo ?

610EUROs

NOOOO my brotha. It was at one brief point (about 2 weeks of my ownership). Then it was an FP Big T28, then a small 16g which didn't take long to kill (courtesy of faulty HKS SSQV...never again will I even give one of those a chance, especially since I had to pull that turbo and put in the new one in the middle of January in my garage which I had to leave open for me to be able to work where I needed), and from their she was fitted with a Big 16g with a little extra care from Forced Performance. The specs on the wheels were not released to me. It was that turbo which required the addition of the external wastegate. It could have survived with an internal actuator in theory, but I think that boost creep would have been an issue. There was actually some speculation that the Tial 38mm wouldn't be sufficient but it worked like a champ.

BJJ20logo20resize.png