Guest Nismofreak
sounds like a spolied rich kid <_< . but as long as he is driving a BMW thats cool by me. personally id stick with the e30, they are lighter and more geared towards racing to begin with.

yah I told him that..haha difting is fun in that car so much torque and power!!!

Some alterations required...

No joke, it seems to me like a generic kit would be easier in almost all cases (of course, the kit would have to be specific to the manifold flange of the vehicle and the downpipe, assuming the kit comes with one, will have to mate with the cat or center section. Other than that, they should be a generic. Give a full plumbing set for the intercooler with a bunch of couplings and elbows, and make sure that there is a short section with the BOV flange on it. That seems to be the worst problem. In one kit that I installed for a friend, the kit that he ordered had the flange on the turbo intake tube (I was surprised that it had the intake tube, they usually cheap out on that). I don't think the turbo would have lasted more than a week and a half if I had left it like that.

Edited by cmrs2k
BJJ20logo20resize.png

yah I told him that..haha difting is fun in that car so much torque and power!!!

ya. rwd is one of the best things about them.when its warm you can always just go into a turn and gas it and get a nice drift to make your day go better. you can do it in cold weather but you slide enough on dry warm ground. adding cold and if you live arond pa, snow. it gets out of control. drifting is my favorite way to bring up my mood :)

610EUROs

Some alterations required...

No joke, it seems to me like a generic kit would be easier in almost all cases (of course, the kit would have to be specific to the manifold flange of the vehicle and the downpipe, assuming the kit comes with one, will have to mate with the cat or center section. Other than that, they should be a generic. Give a full plumbing set for the intercooler with a bunch of couplings and elbows, and make sure that there is a short section with the BOV flange on it. That seems to be the worst problem. In one kit that I installed for a friend, the kit that he ordered had the flange on the turbo intake tube (I was surprised that it had the intake tube, they usually cheap out on that). I don't think the turbo would have lasted more than a week and a half if I had left it like that.

ya, in most cases it would be alot easier to get the generic kit, but not everyone has a welder lying around to work with. ive heard of shops trying to charge rediculous amounts for modifying and installing turbos. thats y i always suggest a kit made for your car if there is one.

610EUROs

True, but if you don't have the welder, have an exhaust shop do some bends for you. Anyone decent shouldn't charge too much.

Really though, I hate to seem rude, but if someone is going to really build a turbo car and they can't or are not willing to involve a pro or two, they really need to learn to prioritize if they don't

A. Own a welder

B. Have access to one

You can apply A and B to a lot of tools. If it is a DSM, you better be sure you have flex sockets...grumbling over excessive expense cause they cost way too much...since the angle adapter combined with a socket is too much to try to fit in some of the critical areas that seem to always need attention.

Also, don't get me wrong when I'm talking about paying a pro to do the work. I'm all for DIY, no one touches my cars, that is how I learn/have learned to do any of this stuff. My point is just about spending big $$ on a turbo kit but not being willing to spend the $$ on the tools or persons to install it.

Like the sub-title on the tools section on the forum here. Tools - we are nothing without them (or something close to that, I was too lazy to go get a direct quote).

BJJ20logo20resize.png

True, but if you don't have the welder, have an exhaust shop do some bends for you. Anyone decent shouldn't charge too much.

Really though, I hate to seem rude, but if someone is going to really build a turbo car and they can't or are not willing to involve a pro or two, they really need to learn to prioritize if they don't

A. Own a welder

B. Have access to one

You can apply A and B to a lot of tools. If it is a DSM, you better be sure you have flex sockets...grumbling over excessive expense cause they cost way too much...since the angle adapter combined with a socket is too much to try to fit in some of the critical areas that seem to always need attention.

Also, don't get me wrong when I'm talking about paying a pro to do the work. I'm all for DIY, no one touches my cars, that is how I learn/have learned to do any of this stuff. My point is just about spending big $$ on a turbo kit but not being willing to spend the $$ on the tools or persons to install it.

Like the sub-title on the tools section on the forum here. Tools - we are nothing without them (or something close to that, I was too lazy to go get a direct quote).

i dont own a welder. my mom does. but if she didnt i wouldnt pay to have someone else do it. id find someone who knows someone who would let me use theirs. x2 on the doing your own work. i hate anyone working on my car. i always feel like the job doesnt get done right if i dont do it. some people blow their load on the turbo/kit and dont anticipate having to modify it or anything. alot of people just look at the " dirct bolt on" title to the kit and think .. ok, this will just screw on .. which it never will. they should just get rid of that title and/or description of a turbo.

610EUROs

Guest Nismofreak
ya, in most cases it would be alot easier to get the generic kit, but not everyone has a welder lying around to work with. ive heard of shops trying to charge rediculous amounts for modifying and installing turbos. thats y i always suggest a kit made for your car if there is one.

dude...his car is nice

m3 body kit look sick. He is getting led taillights and hid for healight, lowering springs, and some einkin rims lol

sorry bro for getting so off topic lol

dude...his car is nice

m3 body kit look sick. He is getting led taillights and hid for healight, lowering springs, and some einkin rims lol

sorry bro for getting so off topic lol

lol. its ok. i always have time to hear about another BMW. the m3's do look good. im getting the hid headlights and the lowering springs soon. i have 17" tsw imola's on my car already.

610EUROs

Guest Nismofreak
lol. its ok. i always have time to hear about another BMW. the m3's do look good. im getting the hid headlights and the lowering springs soon. i have 17" tsw imola's on my car already.

he might sell it...I told him to keep it but want to get a is 350....I know rich ass lol...might buy the m3 from him lol