JacobHazel Posted March 29, 2012 Report Posted March 29, 2012 Soo in gonna wire a 07 silverado is there anyway I can use a regular 20 dollar wiing harness for it, because I heard I have to use like a PAC or some wiring harness that's 200 dollars? Anyone have any ideas or know anything
SnowDrifter Posted March 29, 2012 Report Posted March 29, 2012 I use this Never gave my any issues http://www.ebay.com/itm/250731716141?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
JacobHazel Posted March 29, 2012 Author Report Posted March 29, 2012 That would work for the wiring harness?
121ak Posted March 29, 2012 Report Posted March 29, 2012 Jacob, I use to work at Best Buy and sell those $200 harnesses. The reason why those are needed is because you turn signals and door chimes are ran through the stereo. There's a few other things that can be ran through the stereo as well that you might lose. The kit comes with a little box that contains a speaker. So when you remove the factory radio the chimes would now be coming from that little box attached to the harness. I had to use that kit in my 07 Impala. I just bought a 07 Silverado with Xm Radio, steering wheel controls and OnStar. If I replaced the OEM radio, I would lose all that. If you have OnStar, removing the factory radio will eliminate that without a kit to retain it. And if you have steering wheel controls, then you need another kit to keep that as well. You'll also need an antenna adapter and a dash kit for the radio as well. If you haven't already bought that, it should run you around $35. Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.