1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

fuck man you are a good sketch up person lol i wish i could do that lol you dont need pics man you have enough time in design to kill a cow lol

good work though! going through all this im sure you will make the right decision in the end lol thats a lot of options to go over haha

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

Ok guys here it is. I'm jumping in with both feet! This is the design I'm going with.

Truck box, blow through with 4 DC Audio Level 4 12's. Enclosure is 6.09 cubes after displacement, and is tuned to 35.62 hz. I even took into account the angles you'll see on the bottom corners of the box.

Remember this is a truck box that I currently have on the side of my house. It's a heavy bitch and is very well made. Water proof! So I'm not worried too much about moisture getting in from the top. However, my problem with it is, while it's a bed rail height box, it doesn't sit all the way back to the bed wall, cause on my truck the rail sits about 2" away from the bed wall. So I have to take this into account.

IMG00873-20111112-1501.jpg

What I want to do, is make a metal frame or box. Then have it attach to the truck bed and then attach to the outside, with weather stripping etc, to the outside of the box, via screws that are screwed in from the inside of the box. Make sense to you guys? Does to me. Then it's attached, and it's also going to be attached viz carriage bolts from the underside of the truck and tightened with nuts from the inside of the box as well.

The actual sub box will be made to slide in from the cabin through the hole I cut out through the back wall. Once in the box, I can screw it down to the wood I'm framing the inside of the box with.

Once in the box, the front of the box will get a trim panel in the cabin and the subs will be counter sunk. The trim panel will basically take up the entire back wall of the cabin and then be carpeted to finish.

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosurefront.jpg

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosuresideangle.jpg

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosurerear.jpg

With the back wall hidden so you can see the guts!

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosurerearwithbackwallhidden.jpg

Top view! This is where it's gonna get sick as hell!!!

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosuretopfront.jpg

Now that is where the amp rack is going. I EFFed up when I did it originally and made it 7 inches to thin. So I fixed it, in case anyone picked up on it!

I do need some help though. I'm trying to figure out the best layout.

I really favor this one, because everything is symmetrical and balanced. If you know me, you know how much that means to me. Battery rack will go on the bottom, not 100% sure what I'm using yet, and I have two in there but I can always put another pair in there as well. And really if I needed more that 4, I could put them so they're front to back, vs side to side like they are now, and I can get about 7 in there. The way you see it now, I'll start at the top which is closest to the cab, is the two 1.2500's on the top, then the three 4.600's on the bottom. I had a 2.600 in there but it was a tight fit cause it's 4" longer than the 4.600's. So I made them all the same. Besides I get the same amount of power either way. So below those, are the power and ground distribution blocks. I have the aluminum for those, and I'll be making my own. Check it out!

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosureandamprackfacingback.jpg

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosureandamprackfacingbacktoppview.jpg

Then there's the other way. This is just a different view. All amps are going from front to back. The three 4.600's in the center, flanked on either side by the 1.2500's. Power and ground db's on the top. The reason I came up with this way was because if I was to do it this way, it would be easier to keep the power and ground separate from the signal. And actually now that I look at it, it should be swapped. The db's should go on the back side, and the signals should go toward the cabin. Either way it's gonna be a bitch to tune it, or make adjustments when it's in, but that's life! I'm not competing, at least not as of yet, so I'm not gonna have to worry too much about that. Here are the other views!

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosureandamprackampssidefacing.jpg

Truckboxblowthroughdesignwithenclosureandamprackampssidefacingtopvieew.jpg

Oh around the 3 middle amps, you'll notice a line outlining them. I was thinking of putting in a hinged door there, so I could have access to the batteries if I need to have it. Those three amps will just lift up with the door and I'd have about 34 1/2" if space to work with. I forgot to put in in the other layout, but I guess it would be the bottom row of amps. I'd just have to wire it so the wires wouldn't bind when lifted.

Not sure if I'm going to do a beauty panel over the amps or not, most likely yes, cause I HATE looking at wires if I don't have to. But we'll see what happens when the time comes.

So I think that's about it. This is the plan. Subs will be ordered very very soon. I can't really think anymore, cause it's late and I'm tired!

Good night for now!

Oh wait, I almost forgot. The other thing doing this does, is allows me to make everything outside of the truck in my shop, and work on it as I can, as I have time. That, in my world, is a HUGE bonus!

OMFG!!! i literally wome up on friday and said to myself i want a pick up and have a blowthrough but instead of gettig a bed cover i wantdx to cover it in that stainless steel stuff and make it seem like a tool box and when u open it see amps and batts told my dad about t he said it sou.ds real cool and now youre doing it? Akward lol im soo def gonna watch this through amazing idea

I used to be a contractor, well still have my license just not activated right now. Anyway, I had a 2006 Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Bed and had that box in it. It was one of the many things I got out of the buyout. SO anyway, I had it, it's a $700.00 box, and I thought you know what, it fits in the truck, I've had it in there, so why not utilize it. It'd cost me at least that much to get a tonnue cover anyway, or a shell, so why not.

Hopefully I can get it started soon. I think I have the enclosure dialed in, so I think I'll be getting to work on cutting the box opening out of it and getting the other metal flange made up and stuff. Maybe once it's all done I'll have all my stuff sold and the new equipment here and ready to go in.

Not sure if I said it already, but I got the 6.5" mids last friday. SO they should be here this week sometime.

Glad you're tuned in. This is going to be a learning experience for me, never done one, so maybe we can both learn something at the same time. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll see if I can help you out.

hell yea. lol and i was thinkin the same thing about tannou cover lol thats why i figured make it a box and itll be stealth....ish been looking into buying a pick up lately the damn lex takes too damn much to get loud!! and yes a learning process for both aswell make sure you highlight details i love to read just as much as i do pictures lol

EDIT: still need pictars of el truck!

Archived