1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Ok so some of you might have been following my civic build, which came to an end prematurely. This is the replacement build for that.

I'm getting a new vehicle to replace the civic, which I need cause the family needs are every growing and greater space is needed. However, I'm not sure what we're getting and I'm not sure what's going to happen in it when we get it. My wife my put the cabbosh on any custom work. I won't know till I get it.

HOWEVER, in the meantime, I've got my truck which is MINE ALL MINE! Gonna do a nice little budget system in it and start the restoration process on it.

It's a 1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab with the long bed, 4wd, and a 7.5L v8 GAS HAWG!!! Needless to say it doesn't get driven much.

So here are my plans!

OBJECTIVE: There is not a main goal here of either SQ or SPL. I was trying for an SQ sided build in my civic and I've given up on that. I just enjoy bass too much. HOWEVER, that being said I want a nice clean sound as well from my mids and highs.

EQUIPMENT:

Head unit - Alpine CDA-9886

AUX - Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet - All the goodies to go with it, i.e converter box, etc.

Front Stage:

Tweeters - Soundstream Pro Audio SST-20 Carbon Fiber Super Tweets

Mid Range - Soundstream Pro Audio SM.654P 6.5"

Mid Bass - Soundstream Pro Audio SME-804 8"

Front Stage Power:

Soundstream Rubicon 4.600 4 channel amp - Tweeters and Mid Range

Soundstream Rubicon 2.600 2 channel amp - Mid Bass

Rear Stage:

Tweeters - Soundstream Pro Audio SST-20 Carbon Fiber Super Tweets

Mid Range - Soundstream Pro Audio SM.654P 6.5"

Rear Stage Power:

Soundstream Rubicon 4.600 4 channel amp

Subs:

DC Audio Level 2D2 8's x 4 at a 1 ohm load

Enclosure:

Approx - 4.58 cu ft gross, tuned to 35.25hz, for a net of 3.28cu ft giving me .82 cu ft per sub.

Sub Power:

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D (1 ohm load)

Enclosure options:

In this truck the main issue with the sub enclosure is that the rear bench seat actually sits on rails (it slides front to back like a normal seat) and sits only about 3" above the floor itself. So going under the seat is not an option.

So given that issue, I've got 3 options to go with.

Option 1: This is the most creative. Removing the back seat and duplicating it into a sub enclosure. Making a sub enclosure the same dimensions as the seat bottom itself, then reattaching the seat back to it. Cushioning the top of it so it's still a functional seat. Subs facing forward, vent/port in the center.

Then the amps will all go on the back wall behind the seat.

Google Sketch Up Drawings (rough)

TruckBackSeatEnclosure1FrontView.jpg

TruckBackSeatEnclosure1SideView.jpg

TruckBackSeatEnclosure1TopHiddenView.jpg

Option 2: The rear bench seat gets replaced with an identical front bench seat which is a 40/20/40 split. The front center and rear center splits get removed allowing for a center box all the way through. They would face up wards with a panel to protect them.

Then the amps still go on the back wall.

I'll get a sketch up drawing of this sometime today.

Option 3: Build an enclosure behind the back seat. Then port it up.

The problem with this would be the amp situation. The amps would have nowhere to go if I did this, remember there's no room under the rear seat.

So the custom thing to do in my opinion, would be to do a roof rack mount.

Option 3 is not the best option in my opinion. Right now I'm looking at option 1 and if I can make that work, I'll be going in that direction. Option 2 also looks really appealing, in my head anyway.

The doors will get fiberglassed and new upholstery. Love these big doors that are, for the most part, flat. Gives you a nice canvas to work with.

The Tablet will get a custom center console to slide in and out of. I'm going to most likely continue my work from the other build on the tablet. I'll most likely do an actuator for the opening and closing of the tablet panel.

Head unit in the stock spot.

So that's about it. I'll get an MS Paint drawing up in a bit to show how it's all going to go together. This is going to be a slow build so don't expect this thing to get done in the next couple months. I'll build it as I can. The part that's going to take the longest is the enclosure. Especially if I go with option 1.

Stay tuned! More to come! I'll post up some pics of the truck soon.

I wanna see it man, two buckets in the back with a full center console would be dope to. :good: Your build thou. Make magic. lol

2001 Nissan Frontier3/5 drop

''Gutted"

Underconstruction

If you don't let your unborn swim in her mouth someone else will.

Here's some progress teasers of option 2, the center console enclosure. Not much really to look at, but just wait. A couple more hours and you'll see it come together!

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosurefrontangleview.jpg

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosuretopangleview.jpg

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosuresideshidden.jpg

Enclosures measure out to 1.92 cu ft net each. That gives each sub roughly .96 cu ft per sub. This will go down a bit cause I'll be doing 45's and probably a double baffle on top to counter sink the subs. It's tuned to roughly 35 hz right now. Port measures 9 x 3 x 25"

Back to drawing, I'll be back in a while.

Here's a few of the center console. Still more to do, but that's all for now.

Top view

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosureWithCovertopview.jpg

Side view. You can see the sides are open so that it's not a chamber really, but more of a cover to protect the subs. Also in the center there, those sides that are open, will be walled. It's just dead space really, so I can do anything with it. I could run a battery in there, components in there, whatever I want to. I'm sure I'll figure out a way to fill it up! LOL!

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosureWithCoversideview.jpg

These are the ends, front and rear. Same thing, open.

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosureWithCoverfrontview.jpg

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosureWithCoverrearview.jpg

Anyone wanna guess what this is gonna be!?!?! :peepwall:

TruckCenterConsoleEnclosureWithCovertvview.jpg

I'll work on the diagram and some more drawings later.

I was thinking about steel mesh and then covering over it with some breathable material. Just wanted the subs protected. I do have kids and a dog. Course if I do what I want to do in the center, still waiting on guesses, then it won't matter I guess.

PMed you btw!

Archived