1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Yeah, I mean the electrical stuff is no problem because my old hobby was high power CB radio. But the box building and tunning and matching subs to boxes is what gets me.

Ok so here's a little update. I'm working on the door layout and how I want it to be as well as what I"m able to do as far as space. I think I've got it nailed down, but the layout of the mid ranges I still need to tweak a little. Let's get started.

The objective for the doors is this: 4 6.5" mid ranges, 2 bullet tweets, and 1 4ch amplifier.

Here's the door, untouched, blank slate.

IMG_20120914_191255.jpg

Friday I did a little layout using the speaker grills, and I'm not sure that I'm using those in the final build, but it's what I thought would be the best way to visualize where they're gonna layout. This is what I came up with:

Looking at the door, I figured there were two ways to get these mids in there. One straight line across the bottom, or an "L" shaped line up in the corner.

IMG_20120914_193117.jpg

I got to thinking cause I was going to put the amp where that cubby is in the middle left of the door. Problem is this. The door handle is there in the middle, and unless I go to an actuator for the front doors, they have to stay here, and they have a pretty bulky mechanism behind the panel there between the handle and that cubby. So the amp there is a no go cause it would fit but I'd have no room for wires to hook up.

So I sketched this up, cause I didn't have time to go out and change it up. I'd already stripped the grills off. But this is what I came up with as a drawing.

Componentlayout.jpg

Now looking at it, the pics didn't come out all that great cause of the sun, but this is basically what it will be like in reality.

DSC06015.jpg

What it will look like inside the cabin.

DSC06016.jpg

DSC06017.jpg

You can see the amp is a little tight here, but only cause it's angled up at the top cause of the bulge. It'll sit about 2" flatter and clearance won't be a problem when it's built.

DSC06018.jpg

Then there's this, again can't see real well, but instead of the two mid ranges on the bottom going along the bottom of the door, stacking them to go up the door. It doesn't look straight but it would be when this gets done. The tweeters would go side by side as well to allow that to happen. This would also allow me to move the amp more towards the middle and balance the weight more to the middle of the door. The only thing it does do, is make a blank space at the back side of the door cause nothing would be there. Not sure what I could put there, if anything, I just don't want it to look like it's missing something.

DSC06021.jpg

I took the amp off cause of that pocket, but it would go centered on the door.

So what does everyone think? I personally like the balance of the first one, where the mids are all going the same direction, horizontally, but I worry about the weight of the amp on the door at the end like that, and as well the limited space for wires etc. Would it be worth it to move one of the mids down on the other side of the amp to fill that space, or maybe I just use one of these grills to mold over and make the spider template logo.

Suggestions please?

I love the first one. I'd re inforce the door hinges. Talk to sky high and see what he's gonna do about the weight on his . Looks good man! Awesome to see progress.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I love the first one. I'd re inforce the door hinges. Talk to sky high and see what he's gonna do about the weight on his . Looks good man! Awesome to see progress.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived