1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Damn man, I don't know why I didn't think about that! You just gave me a hell of an idea! Instead of making a frame to go through the opening and attaching it, I'll just have the frame welded to the box!!! The sub enclosure is going to slide in from the cabin anyway, so the box will just slide in from the back side, bolt down, and then the frame will squeeze in through the accordion part sealing it up! Thanks man! :drinks:

Now then, I went ahead and designed that little rear seat amp rack thing! Tell me what you guys think! 2.450's on the bottom, and 4.600's on the top. The bottom will be left out for breathing, and for wires to run through it. I'm trying to think about whether or not I want to have the distribution blocks in there, one power and one ground for these amps only. That way I have only one power and one ground cable to disconnect if I ever have to remove it, which I would cause the back seat has to come out to remove the sub box. The center cut out, there is an arm rest in the middle of the seat back, I thought I could cut out to allow air to flow through the seat. It's about 8 wide, by 10 tall. Pics!!!!

What you would see if you looked in the windows. Looks pretty plain jane right!

RearSeatBackAmpRackFront.jpg

Then you drop the seat and BLING!!!!!

RearSeatBackAmpRackRear.jpg

I have to measure the seat back, I'm just guessing on the size. If it's less than 18" then this will get tricky. The amps themselves are 8" wide. So that is 16" all by itself. So this was just off the top of my head on the seat back. I know it's 58" wide, and it's about 4" deep. The rack itself would be 2" deep, leaving 2" of seat cushion. Then the final trim piece, like what you see with the cut outs for the amps, will be 1/2" and that's how much would stick out beyond the seat. So essentially the seat gets thickened by a half inch in this design.

I'll know more when I get home and measure. If it's less than 18", I may be able to do it on the back of the seat instead of inside the seat, and I'd just be extending the seat about 3". Then I could drop it down to about 1" above the floor and have all the room in the world! I'd just have to move the seat forward before I dropped the back down.

Ok tell me what you guys think!

Subs should be paid off by days end! Then its all to credit cards and then equipment. I think I've got everything down as far as the build goes. I'm checking on how close the measurements are on the amps. IBleedMusick was supposed to get back to me about the measurements on them. But I may start building here very very very very soon! Probably in the next couple weeks. I'll need some wood and stuff to get going.

So Blow through in the truck box, amp rack on the back of the rear seat back, tablet custom center console, going to research the kicks for putting 8's in there, and then the doors need to get rings and glassed! Oh and the ENTIRE TRUCK NEEDS SOUND DEADENER! I've got about a hundred square feet right now, but I'm gonna need it on the roof, the walls, floor, and every panel I can get to! I may go get some interior paint as well and paint trim panels as I take them off and deaden them.

So things are getting closer and closer to moving forward!

Subs should be paid off by days end! Then its all to credit cards and then equipment. I think I've got everything down as far as the build goes. I'm checking on how close the measurements are on the amps. IBleedMusick was supposed to get back to me about the measurements on them. But I may start building here very very very very soon! Probably in the next couple weeks. I'll need some wood and stuff to get going.

So Blow through in the truck box, amp rack on the back of the rear seat back, tablet custom center console, going to research the kicks for putting 8's in there, and then the doors need to get rings and glassed! Oh and the ENTIRE TRUCK NEEDS SOUND DEADENER! I've got about a hundred square feet right now, but I'm gonna need it on the roof, the walls, floor, and every panel I can get to! I may go get some interior paint as well and paint trim panels as I take them off and deaden them.

Oooohhhhh So we calling people out now :rofl: thanks for reminding me I totally forgot I'm in my office now but I will run to my car in a few and get it measured up. Luckily I left it in the car so stay tuned :good:. I like the amp rack setup very nice and as for batts did you do research on the XP series XS batts they are a little cheaper than D series and made more for our applications (those of us not competing).

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Oooohhhhh So we calling people out now :rofl: thanks for reminding me I totally forgot I'm in my office now but I will run to my car in a few and get it measured up. Luckily I left it in the car so stay tuned :good:. I like the amp rack setup very nice and as for batts did you do research on the XP series XS batts they are a little cheaper than D series and made more for our applications (those of us not competing).

:roflmao: only for you buddy! I figured you forgot, we all have busy lives. That was my subtle way of reminding you. But thanks! I'm happy about the rack, that means I can put at least an inch between each amp, maybe two in the middle and one on top, not sure. But more room to breath is much better! I'm gonna sneak some fans in there too, especially for the mid bass amps.

As for batts, I didn't do much "research" per say, but I did some reading on the group buy thread, and they said the xp3000's were taking the place of the 3100's basically. So I figure 3 of those, one in front and two in back, I think blackedout said that, will do me just fine. Waiting for an answer back from Mike Singer on the alt/alts too. I think I have enough stinger 1/0 ga wire to do two runs from front to back too. I may need some more though. I think I'm gonna need a second roll of power 1/0. I think I have two full rolls of ground. Hell maybe I'll need more of both. We'll see. I'll probably start getting that together here real soon.

:roflmao: only for you buddy! I figured you forgot, we all have busy lives. That was my subtle way of reminding you. But thanks! I'm happy about the rack, that means I can put at least an inch between each amp, maybe two in the middle and one on top, not sure. But more room to breath is much better! I'm gonna sneak some fans in there too, especially for the mid bass amps.

As for batts, I didn't do much "research" per say, but I did some reading on the group buy thread, and they said the xp3000's were taking the place of the 3100's basically. So I figure 3 of those, one in front and two in back, I think blackedout said that, will do me just fine. Waiting for an answer back from Mike Singer on the alt/alts too. I think I have enough stinger 1/0 ga wire to do two runs from front to back too. I may need some more though. I think I'm gonna need a second roll of power 1/0. I think I have two full rolls of ground. Hell maybe I'll need more of both. We'll see. I'll probably start getting that together here real soon.

the XP3000 does not replace the 3100's it is just another choice of battery. If I understand it correctly from the explanation Nathan @ XS gave is the XP is built for those of us playing for extended period and the D3100's are better for those who want quick bursts for burps and what not. I could be wrong but I believe that is how it goes. Also remember the XP batteries CANNOT go under the hood of your car their not made for under the hood applications.

I am going to go and measure right now and get back to you.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

the XP3000 does not replace the 3100's it is just another choice of battery. If I understand it correctly from the explanation Nathan @ XS gave is the XP is built for those of us playing for extended period and the D3100's are better for those who want quick bursts for burps and what not. I could be wrong but I believe that is how it goes. Also remember the XP batteries CANNOT go under the hood of your car their not made for under the hood applications.

Well that may not work for me then. I may have to put them all out in the weather area. I might have to put two under the cabin, and then the one or two under the hood. Hmmm, grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Ya know, if I made a couple of boxes for the batteries to fit in, just a box, perfectly made for the specific battery like the xp3000, and then a lid for it, to keep it boxed in and secure, I bet that would be ok, no?

Someone wanna chime in and give me some suggestions on which batteries I should use for the set up?

Well that may not work for me then. I may have to put them all out in the weather area. I might have to put two under the cabin, and then the one or two under the hood. Hmmm, grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

You can run the D Series under the hood and the XP series in your battery bank...see problem solved. Stop over thinking it you're going to give yourself a migraine.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

BTW measurements are correct on the amp but please not the length starts at the terminals so you may need to do a beauty board to hide wires.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived