1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Glad to hear the 1600 is doing well! Hope they take care of you on the 2500...

You gonna do a center console too?

:clapping:

Yes I am. I was going to do it for the mid bass anyway, but now after camping we have issues with the seat being where it is and neither of us are real happy, my wife or I. My wife, obviously, but me because my boxer had a very uncomfortable 2 hour ride to and from camping cause the 3" inches that the seat is forward. So that's not going to work for me for very long. So that's will end up being my next project, get that center console built for the mid bass, I'll be using the DC8's for mid bass, and get those moved.

I also figured out another issue. I snuck in the truck box in the bed to see how we could work with it in there. I say snuck because I told my wife I used if for the lighter stuff to put in it so it wouldn't fly out the back. I obviously can tie it down etc, in the future. We had plenty of room.

However, I found another issue in the box itself. The handle to open it is on the driver side. There are two latches on the inside to keep the box lid closed. There is a bar that connects the two latches so the one handle latches them both. It's about 4" x 3" x 24" total in length and about .05 cu ft that's going to come out of the sealed side of the enclosure. SO I'll have to see how much that's going to effect the final numbers.

Unfortunately I'm going on vacation again on Wednesday, and won't be back till the 2nd of August. But after that, there should be some major stuff going on with this build.

Don't forget to vote for me for SOTM, when the voting starts! I'm excited about actually being in a competition, although I have no real expectations. Thanks as always for checking in!

Ok guys, don't forget to vote for me in sotm!!

There goes my chances of winning (; hahaha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Considering a blow through in my truck. IF it happens it wont happen for a while.. I stumbled upon this.. thought id show you because this is BAD ASS.

ormaybenot.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Thanks. I'm looking on spotify now but I only see "Midwest choppers" not worldwide choppers. Is Midwest the one? I'll give it a shot in the morning when I go to workout.

So I got the amps swapped today, second battery hooked up, and returned with the dd1. I also picked up a battery tender and that is on it right now. I'm floating at 12.88v so it could use a charge. I have pics but I gotta get to bed. I'll try and get them loaded tomorrow morning before we leave.

Goodnight!

Its worldwide choppers.

http://youtu.be/CSQUfTBcOu4

2006 Chevy Silverado WT (Project Stealth)2-8" Sundown Audio SA-8 v1.5 (tuned to 33)Rockford AmpsFocal and Polk AudioStinger Wire and JL Audio RCAsPioneer AVH-P4300DVD (with bluetooth)PWK DesignsViper 5901

Ok so just a little update. It's a short week for me, today and tomorrow, then I'm off on Wednesday and leave for Idaho to float down a river for a week. Then I get home on August 2nd and shit is gonna hit the fan.

First things first, I have zero expectations for SOTM. I've got 2 votes thus far and I'm one of them. Not a big deal. Cause when I'm done, I'm hoping that I'll get tons more than 2 votes.

Next thing. My daughters had their cousins over for a sleepover on Saturday night. 4 girls in one place, NOT FUN!!! Glad i stopped at 2! Anyway, we decided to take them all to see Ice Age 3,452, or whatever it is they're up to now, and figured it was going to be my first chance to try out the Soundstream Pro Mid and Bullet Tweet on the amp. So when we got there I had my wife take the kiddo's to the bounce house and snack bar and I got it all hooked up. Man, I have to say this, I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THESE THINGS IN THE DOORS! DAMN! They were soo clear and crisp, and I didn't even turn them up all the way, out of respect for everyone else around us. So to my surprise when my wife came back she said, was that you that was playing Dave Matthews so loud? I said, ummmmm maybe! They were like 150' away and heard it like they were standing right there. NICE!! So for those of you wondering, yes they're good drivers! Still wondering about them vs the Crescendo's but for now I'll stick with these!

Next up, I'm contemplating something and I'm going to just go for it and see what happens. I have these two DC M2 8's, and those were what I was going to use for my mid bass, if you will recall. Iv'e decided to change it up a little bit. I designed a little box for the center console last week, and this is what it looks like:

Without top:

Front

BasicSealedEnclosureFront.jpg

Rear

BasicSealedEnclosureRear.jpg

Side

BasicSealedEnclosureSide.jpg

Then with the top

BasicSealedEnclosureWithTopFront.jpg

BasicSealedEnclosureWithTopRear.jpg

BasicSealedEnclosureWithTopSide.jpg

The angle up front is so the subs would be down and a little tucked away, cause if I ever have anyone sitting there I don't want to worry about kicking feet or anything like that. It measures out to about 1.4 cu ft after displacement, and is sealed. I'll pad the top with memory foam so it's nice and soft should anyone ever have to sit there.

But then after looking at it, I decided it just looked really crammed in there. So I decided I may go with a single DC Lvl 4 10 for the mid bass. This is the design I did first. Same box as the 8's except I changed the face plate and made it a 10". To account for the space differences I decided to countersink the faceplate into the enclosure and make up the difference. Currently 1.4cu ft, and the 10 sealed requirement is .75 cu ft. Add in the displacement and I'm at about .91 cu ft total. SO I need to eliminate about .45 - .5 cu ft.

BasicSealedEnclosurefor10straighton.jpg

BasicSealedEnclosurefor10.jpg

Then I realized a problem while playing with it.

The problem is that it's too short. I had it built at 11" tall for the 8's cause that's the height of the current seat. So now I'd have to do some adjusting for the new height of the sub. The outer sub width is 11". So I'll have to go taller. This is what I came up with to deal with that.

To solve this, I decided to just use the original design and sink the sub baffle back a bit.

You can see from the pics above, there's a bottom lip. It can be eliminated and the baffle can go down to cover it. That would buy me about 3/4". You can see that here.

BasicSealedEnclosurefor10bfront.jpg

BasicSealedEnclosurefor10b.jpg

What you also see, is that at the top, the outer part of the sub will hit the top plate. So the whole enclosure will need to raise up about an inch total, that will give me some space off the floor on the bottom and the top and the top plate will still serve it's purpose. I only add an inch to the center seat and I think it will work out just fine.

So that's where I'm at. I wanted to start on the doors next, when I get back, but with the issues about the rear seat being too far forward, I think this is more important.

My 1.2500D is packaged up and ready to ship back. That should be done soon too!

I also have another design for my sub amps up my sleeve, thanks Twostrokeking! I'll reveal that soon.

So when I come back from vacation, this will be going on, then after that, the sub enclosure will be full on! Lots to do, amp racks to build, doors to build, and more. SOoooooo much coming soon!

Be on the lookout for a trade thread for 2 DC M2 D2 8's for a single DC D2 level 3 or 4 10. If you have one hit me up.

Here you guys go. Final 4th order design for 4 DC Audio M2 Dual 2ohm 12's. 1.05 cu ft sealed per sub and that's after the cut out for the latches, 2.34 cu ft ported after displacement, and tuned to 52hz to start off.

Sealed

FinalEnclosureSealed.jpg

Ported

FinalEnclosurePorted.jpg

Outside front, this is the cabin side with the port. So port will go through the back wall.

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedFront.jpg

Port view, this is what you'd see if you stared through the port in through the back wall.

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedPortView.jpg

This is the back of the box. Remember I said there was a problem cause of the latches and they needed to be accounted for. Well this is about what needs to be taken out. It equals out to about .07 cu ft of displacement.

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedRearwLatchCutout.jpg

Here's from the top with the top hidden. I love this pic!

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedTopHiddenFront.jpg

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedTopHidden.jpg

This is from the back side.

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedTopHiddenRear.jpg

The subs will be mounted from the ported side inverted so the motors will be accessible and I can smell if there's any trouble. I'll also get some all thread in there between the sections so that it'll be nice and strong. Forgot to put those in.

Now all that's left is to get home from vacation, get some wood, and get started. Still trying to decide between MDF and Birch. I think for the extra money, I'll go Birch. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Looks good! I'll keep my eyes open for ya on the trade.

About the sealed center console, I wouldn't worry about that tiny little bit of extra space. It would probably help you anyway. I personally had better luck with sealed boxes that were a little bit bigger. Subs in sealed boxes love some airspace! I mean, it can be bad if you have way too much, but IMO I don't think you have way too much. Just my $.02...

And the 4th order looks good, I'm excited to see you get it done!

Oh, and don't feel bad about SOTM, it took me over 6 tries to start getting more votes. Just remember, you need people to see your build in order to get them to vote for it. For an attention grabber, I always tried to make new videos, showing something cool or different. Just an idea. But like you say, once your all finished, then people will have no choice but to vote for ya! Good luck man!

You know I'll be watching

:popcorn:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived