If you don't run some type of full wrap handguard, or some foldable levers like ASV, ARC, etc than you'll end up bending new ones as well. Shifter and brake pedal make a minimal difference for the money, although one company (can't remember which right off, would have to look next time I'm at the shop) offers a shifter that you can choose the offset and are tailored by boot size which may be pretty nice, personally I haven't tried them.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

If you don't run some type of full wrap handguard, or some foldable levers like ASV, ARC, etc than you'll end up bending new ones as well. Shifter and brake pedal make a minimal difference for the money, although one company (can't remember which right off, would have to look next time I'm at the shop) offers a shifter that you can choose the offset and are tailored by boot size which may be pretty nice, personally I haven't tried them.

I totally agree about the levers. My buddy broke 4 brake levers and 2 clutch levers last season, and he's not super hard on stuff. I've been lookin around on MotocrossGiant and found these: http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Sunline_V1_Brake_Levers_Honda_p/19-01-02x.htm

The clutch lever is exactly the same design. What do you think?

I'm not really a Sunline fan (just always seemed like cheap stuff to me). The ARC's are around the same price and I've personally had them hold up well.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

I'm not really a Sunline fan (just always seemed like cheap stuff to me). The ARC's are around the same price and I've personally had them hold up well.

How about ASV F3 levers? I found a set of F3 shorties on ebay for just over $200 shipping included. Decent price?

Edit: Here's the link for the levers I found. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251040862235?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If anybody wants to help me search, I'd prefer shorties and I need them to ship to Canada.

Got valves ordered today! Kibblewhite Black Diamond intake + exhaust valve kit. Also talked to my local bike expert (over 40 years in motocross) and he agrees with everything you guys have said so far :woot: so I'm now convinced for sure that you guys know your shit! Thanks for your input so far!

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet, keep us updated! I'm doing valves on my buddies CRF450R this week as well.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been on in a while! Got the valve kit installed and the bike runs great! But now I'm finding more things that I need to do on the bike. The exhaust is really showing fatigue and the welds are failing on the muffler. The throttle tube is pretty heavily worn, as well as the grips. The chain and sprockets are in good shape, but gearing is too short for my liking. Plus I got a little ambitious on my last ride and bent the front wheel pretty good haha. Any input on exhausts, throttle tubes, sprockets, and wheels would be awesome!

Go ahead and spend the money on a good aluminum throttle tube, you'll be glad you did. On the chain and sprockets I would go down 2 on the back or up 1 on the front, the latter being a slightly more extreme change. Exhaust something like the FMF Factory4.1 is a nice setup, Akra, Leo Vince, Dr.D, etc all work well, just make sure to rejet accordingly. Sprockets I'd go SunStar they have always treated me awesome on my race quads, and ALWAYS do a chain swap with sprockets, even a slightly more worn chain will wear new sprockets faster. I like the DID X-ring chains, although the o-ring chain will work fine. A regular non o-ring chain will have less drag but wear faster. Wheels DNA makes some SUPER nice ones for a decent price, otherwise I like Excel.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Archived