A lean condition on your pilot circuit will give you a some...not backfiring...but it's called deceleration pop it will happen when throttle is closed and engine is revving down.

I have 05crf250r and fmf powercore 4 Ti granted I'm probably lower in altitude I went one up to a 48 pilot.. Also I ready like my 13/49 gearing

And fyi it's worth it to invest in a wheel truing stand tusk makes a good cheap one. The rear wheel has longer spokes on one side btw.

pro circuit and ron hamp do great head work

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

• 5 months later...

Stay away from the engine mods, spend your money on suspension. I prefer Factory Connection but there are plenty of other companies out there. That is the first thing we do to our bikes, it makes a world of a difference.

Stay away from the engine mods, spend your money on suspension. I prefer Factory Connection but there are plenty of other companies out there. That is the first thing we do to our bikes, it makes a world of a difference.

Good way to bump a dead thread lol.

Nothing wrong with engine mods if they are done right. I would bet I get more hours out of my 250f engine then same year bike stock.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Was looking for a way to get some more posts so I can post in classifieds lol.

Engine mods aren't that beneficial for the weekend warrior. When you start adding high comp piston, stroker cranks, race fuel, cams, etc; you are reducing the bikes over all life due to higher rpms and more strain on parts.

Engine mods aren't that beneficial for the weekend warrior. When you start adding high comp piston, stroker cranks, race fuel, cams, etc; you are reducing the bikes over all life due to higher rpms and more strain on parts.

Way to coem out and say you are posting to hit 150.

You can get a good amount of extra reliable horsepower out of you bike before you need stroker cranks and really high comp pistons that reduce life.

For example...05 crf has a lower compression piston stock then a 08 crf250r...you put in the updated 08 parts and have a higher compression stock piston that IMO is better then wiseco or Pro X stuff to replace it.... You can change cams and go from titanium to SS valves(for longevity) but also have the head flowed. Get the power where you want it Midrange would be best for weekend warrior IMO. Race fuel isn't going to hurt anything. I run VP or mix VP with pump when practicing...sometime even the oxygenated fuel. That stuff is awesome.

Higher average RPM's over the life span of the engine come from the rider and their input and riding style. I like my midrange..even when racing. The only time I probably don't shift early is on starts. I run higher gearing then most and take advantage of a hard midrange hit...If you ride your bike at 11k+ all day then stock or modified you will lose life. If the average joe has his bike pegged like Barcia he either needs to shift or he should be racing pro SX.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Way to coem out and say you are posting to hit 150.

You can get a good amount of extra reliable horsepower out of you bike before you need stroker cranks and really high comp pistons that reduce life.

For example...05 crf has a lower compression piston stock then a 08 crf250r...you put in the updated 08 parts and have a higher compression stock piston that IMO is better then wiseco or Pro X stuff to replace it.... You can change cams and go from titanium to SS valves(for longevity) but also have the head flowed. Get the power where you want it Midrange would be best for weekend warrior IMO. Race fuel isn't going to hurt anything. I run VP or mix VP with pump when practicing...sometime even the oxygenated fuel. That stuff is awesome.

Higher average RPM's over the life span of the engine come from the rider and their input and riding style. I like my midrange..even when racing. The only time I probably don't shift early is on starts. I run higher gearing then most and take advantage of a hard midrange hit...If you ride your bike at 11k+ all day then stock or modified you will lose life. If the average joe has his bike pegged like Barcia he either needs to shift or he should be racing pro SX.

I wasn't thinking that was against the rules if I was actually posting beneficial information... Whatever.

Ill agree to those mods, I wasn't looking at it like that. All the guys at our local races are constantly wanting to mod their bikes when they just plain suck or don't know how to take care of a bike. I didn't know that about the the 05 and 08 crf's. neat little mod. We just run pump 93 in our bikes due to price of race fuel and its been said that it will eat away at the rubber hoses and o rings, same thing with ethanol.

Archived