Sundown Audio

4channel thermal issue?

AWESOME bro.... very cool... glad you got it sorted..... nicely done.... congrats.....

Yeah I need more midrange though. They keep up but the bass is still drowning it out. Should I go more power or just wire up another mid. ?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

hmmmm, good question bro. Im right now, at this very moment, sitting in my front yard putting in my single set of components. So, its new to me. I dont know benifits or cons and pro's of more power vs more drivers. I myself want another set. Hopfully another member can chime in.... i do know, and have heard of course, with the proper install, you can acomplish a lot with out a door full of drivers....

I talked to a buddy that is my "go to guy" on this site the other day, that smashes 80hz all day from his doors. And is able to bridge his amp to his old school MB quarts he is running. He also let on that he has a ass load of dampner on the door, and 1 1/2" baffels made outta birtch. needless to say, im not that accomplished, and just hoping for the best...lol.... lets see if someone thats been down that road can lend a hand.... cheers and good luck...

Edited by KyLar96

hmmmm, good question bro. Im right now, at this very moment, sitting in my front yard putting in my single set of components. So, its new to me. I dont know benifits or cons and pro's of more power vs more drivers. I myself want another set. Hopfully another member can chime in.... i do know, and have heard of course, with the proper install, you can acomplish a lot with out a door full of drivers....

I talked to a buddy that is my "go to guy" on this site the other day, that smashes 80hz all day from his doors. And is able to bridge his amp to his old school MB quarts he is running. He also let on that he has a ass load of dampner on the door, and 1 1/2" baffels made outta birtch. needless to say, im not that accomplished, and just hoping for the best...lol.... lets see if someone thats been down that road can lend a hand.... cheers and good luck...

Yeah right now I'm thinking another driver in a better position would help a lot. Seeing I have a wall the port is right by my head so I hear that over anything.

Buying another set of drivers would be a cheaper way because I have a space on side of the seats closer to the doors to fit another driver

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

damn, seems to me the way to go... add another mid, and go for man......let me know when you make you decision, and how it turns out bud....

Just trying to decide if the impedance will work. My 4 chan is stable at 2 ohmx4 but if the mids are not reading but 6 ohm a piece my 4 chan probly won't like it

Still would read 2 ohm for 3 drivers but idk

Edited by D-train-13k