Will this Super Tweeter work with this Crossover?

5000 hz is way to low of a crossover point for a supertweeter. I would coss it over at around 8-10k hz. And supertweeters are made to be used in accordance with a standard tweeter or horn. They just don't do well that low.

maybe you should look at the frequency reaponce of that speaker first. you definitely just gave incorrect advice.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ok, so i SHOULD stick to the 5000 Hz?

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Door Speakers - Bose Mid's and High's running off HU

Subs - 2 12" Kicker CVR's with a kicker zx1000.1

Big 3 Complete

The xover point depends on a few things. Wattage and the slope of the x-over being the most important. You could run them all the way to 3k if you were running them under rms with a slope like 18 or 24db/ octave. If you are running them with 100 watts the eminence xover should be fine at 12db/octave. I run selenium compression drivers down to 1k but I have them on half rms and active 24db/octave. These tweets are incredibly efficient 111 db and get stupid loud with a small amount of wattage. You will need a lot of cone area or some pro audio mids to keep up with them. Those bose won't begin to keep up. Too much difference in sensitivity.

You could cross them at 8 or 10 k but you will need another tweeter that played up to around 16k and lacked a little of that shimmer that people like. That is why people use supertweeters in home audio and some car audio setups.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

The xover point depends on a few things. Wattage and the slope of the x-over being the most important. You could run them all the way to 3k if you were running them under rms with a slope like 18 or 24db/ octave. If you are running them with 100 watts the eminence xover should be fine at 12db/octave. I run selenium compression drivers down to 1k but I have them on half rms and active 24db/octave. These tweets are incredibly efficient 111 db and get stupid loud with a small amount of wattage. You will need a lot of cone area or some pro audio mids to keep up with them. Those bose won't begin to keep up. Too much difference in sensitivity.

You could cross them at 8 or 10 k but you will need another tweeter that played up to around 16k and lacked a little of that shimmer that people like. That is why people use supertweeters in home audio and some car audio setups.

how much do you want to bet that everything you just said went over this guy's head? thats why I didnt go into great detail.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

how much do you want to bet that everything you just said went over this guy's head? thats why I didnt go into great detail.

I still think a full detailed explanation could help. If he has questions about it he can always ask.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

hahahaha, thats why i didnt reply :P

I was emailing the tech guy from parts express and i asked his, it he was getting these super tweeters what crossover would he have, he said:

"Hi Jimmy,

I'd recommend a 12db/octave crossover at 5000 Hz.

Regards,

Joe Winters"

but the one i was looking at is an 18db/octave. Is that okay?

Edited by Dawgsrock0303

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Big 3 Complete

ya thats fine. just a steeper slope.

Alright, cool thanks everybody for the help!! Even bigger thanks to skittlesRgood for being there from the day i posted this topic! :)

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Big 3 Complete