Lol, it's just a temporary box 'till I build the one above your post ^ It's my roommates home theater box.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

My old sub (TC Sounds Epic 10") went into my room for my computer speakers. I'm using my logitech z-5500 sub amp to power it until I get a 500W plate amp. It doesn't like anything below 8ohms so I have it wired in series to the original z5500 sub temporarily.

EDIT:

Nice

Thanks!

I still got a lot of plans for it. After the enclosure and 2nd sub is in, I'm gonna upgrade the electrical, get a new 4 channel amp (probably Sundown), and get a nice component set for the front doors.

I'm gonna have the 2 sets of pyle coaxials in the rear doors hooked up to the "Boss" amp, on a switch, for when I have passengers.

I was planning to use some wooden dowels for bracing, I just didn't know what number to use in the bracing displacement box lol.

Obsidian recommends somewhere between a 4" and 6" port per 15. The port area looks low because I built it to the maximum recommended size. The program compares the port area to the size of the box. I'd imagine that with a larger box the port compression would be lower?

I could be wrong though, do you really think that Obsidian is wrong?

That's tuned to 37hz, a little too high for my tastes!

bbg2entrnce2cradothrdrecmdtn.png

I'm more concerned about SQ than I am numbers, I'd like a flat response down to 30hz, mostly for when I listen to Electronic, which is almost as much as I listen to Metal.

I forgot to check the sub upwards check! I made some slight revisions to the dimensions of the box, but not much. I just changed the high from 18 to 19, and the width from 41 to 40. I suck at getting perfect cuts, so I'd rather have 1" of clearance on either side of the box to make sure I don't mess up and have to start again if I build it, and realize it doesn't actually fit LOL

Sub up, port back, in the center of the enclosure, sharing a wall with the bottom of the enclosure. I'll be using wooden dowels for bracing, and Titebond III as the glue.

finaldesign2obsidian15s.png

This will be my final design. Cutting starts in the morning! I'll post progress shots as I build. Thanks for everyone's input! It's greatly appreciated! :)

Archived