Walled Saturn SC2 with 4 15's...first ever dual alternator saturn sc2

at this time i also decided i wasnt a fan of the double din touch screen. i wanted something a little simpler. so i went with a single din head unit and eq setup. i absolutely love this combination and it works perfectly.

IMAG0092.jpg

i wanted to build a little comtrol box that would allow me turn on every amp seperately (so during competitions i could turn off the mids/highs). and also be able to monitor the voltage that each amp was receiving. so i built this little thing.

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

ninja pic of the dd-1

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

next thing i did was build the trunk layout and get it ready so i could get all the wiring ran. keep in mine, i built this whole trunk in a small dormitory room with only a jigsaw. the actual work area is only about 6ft x 10ft. i also wanted to keep it simple because i knew that it would be changing soon. just had to get it ready for an upcoming show i had.

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

i took it all out and assembled it in my room so i could paint it easier and measure out the spots for the fuses

IMAG0186.jpg

while it was sitting in my room i decided to do a panel with a wire for each subwoofer terminal. im sure you guys will understand it by the pictures

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

then i re-assembled it all in the trunk (dont mind all the saw dust, hadnt cleaned it up yet). and the batteries are sitting in different positions because the left ground wire wasnt quite long enough.

IMAG0212.jpg

idk if i mentioned it or not...but the car is walled off (just havent posted the pictures yet). thats why i did the vinyl, so people wouldnt just see the back of the wall when they look in the window. the vinyl is the same stuff they use for vinyl decals and stickers. only downside is that the vinyl scratches really easy

ok. i know people are gonna hate me for this (and trust me, i hate it too). but i had to have a local stereo shop build my wall for me. like i said before, i live in a dormitory and my only tools are a jigsaw, a small router and about a 6x10 ft work area. the wall is the only thing on this car that wasnt done by me. the stereo shop wasnt too familir with walls so they basically build 2 boxes (each box is 5 cubic ft and tuned to 41hz). then they joined the 2 boxes and made a trim ring to go all the way around it to make it look like 1 big box.

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

threw some cheap black paint on it until i can get the vinyl ordered and cover the whole thing

IMAG0206.jpg

heres some pictures from a show i went to in myrtle beach. this setup beat out every other car there in the stereo competition even though i had some problems that day (accidently broke an rca cable so i had no mids/highs, and someone messed with my headunit settings and i didnt notice til that night). the only 4 vehicles that were louder that day were all SUV's. but she managed to draw a pretty big crowd. i ended up doing a 145db @ 40 hz all sealed up

IMG_5594.jpg

532350_2960530374161_1288607738_32092950_1649567782_n.jpg

my buddy getting a demo

DSC00833-1.jpg

a few weekends later i went to another show and had no complications. managed to hit a 149.7db @ 55hz

sneak peak of whats coming up next, car is at a friends house right now who is making some buss bars for the 4 xs power xp2000 batteries. hes also making a custom dual alternator bracket for a 275amp ohio generator alternator.

IMAG0262.jpg

Archived