Sonic Electronix

NEVER put in a bigger fuse than what the amp was designed to use. it has those specific sizes for a reason and you shouldn't change them to a bigger capacity.

if i put a higher amp fuse in there and it blows too whats wrong?

if it blows right when you hook the power and ground up? amp is fucked.

@ SD - x a trillion... sorry man... you could open it up, get a nice smell, and visually look at the heap inside..... its not looking good my friend...

i opened it it smells clean but smells like a cercit board but nothing is burnt or anything. this one thing with three prongs and is black and small has some gunk on it but idk if thats sumthing

any amp will work when you put in a bigger fuse than it came with. but you run the risk of damaging the amp when playing music loudly. if the amp starts to exceed its capacity, it can blow the fuses, which is a good thing. protects the amp. but bigger fuses wont blow when the amp starts to get over driven, causing possibly harm to the amp.

if the amp blows fuses, either correct sized or larger, then the amp itself is done for. its rare for an amp to be in perfect working order after having its power and ground switched by accident.