Second Skin Audio

ANYBODY WITH A 98+ CROWN VIC OR GRAND MARQUIS, WILL THIS FIT?

I got a 99 grand marquis

No that is to wide, if you put the box in the well in the trunk its 40.5 inches across, any bigger it wont fit all the way to the bottom

In my experience 25 is the max height, 26 will work in some places but it will rub

And the biggest deep I've done is 24 deep,

But current box is a 4th order 3 sealed 6 ported ish 10 cubes

40.5 wide 25 tall and 21.5 deep

3/4 birch. With a 1"thick plexi front

Which ways are the port and subs facing?

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

so basically the 4 12s across the back idea will not work? how come i see people with 4 12s across the back in crowns and marquisss all the time? maybe if i build the box INSIDE the trunk maybe exact specs they will fit? or should i say fuck the 4 12s and get 2 15 l5s and do this

SHOULD I FACE THE SUBS UP, OR DOWN IF I DECIDE THIS ROUTE?? WHICH WOULD YOU THINK POUNDER HARDER 2 15" L5S OR 2 RE SX 18S?

29z9yxk.jpg

ANY IDEA WHAT ORDER BANDBASS THAT BOX WOULD BE?

if i build this box on my own can i just cut a big ass hole out in my rear deck and reinforce it so the opening on the picture is close to the hole i can cut out in the deck minus any major supporting brackets if i run into anything of that sort. will i have to cut the port out to certain dimension so that i get a certain frequesncy?.. or can i just make it as big as i possibly can with all the space that i have and HOPE it sounds good cause i dont wanna dump allllll this money into it and it sound like shit and just sell it all and get some prefeab l7 2 15 box

Idk it would be close. my box is 40x26x18 with sub up port up. You should really build your own box. with 4 12's you don't really have the room for all those dividers and ports.Way to much potential net volume lost. Also if it did actually fit, you would be wasting trunk space because the box would be sitting on the side steps of the trunk...

What do u meter? What subs etc?

hey no i dont want to set the box inside the tire spot? lmao, i wanna know if it will fit across the trunk ontop of the humps. sadly everybody thinks no :( :( :( :(

so basically the 4 12s across the back idea will not work? how come i see people with 4 12s across the back in crowns and marquisss all the time? maybe if i build the box INSIDE the trunk maybe exact specs they will fit? or should i say fuck the 4 12s and get 2 15 l5s and do this

SHOULD I FACE THE SUBS UP, OR DOWN IF I DECIDE THIS ROUTE?? WHICH WOULD YOU THINK POUNDER HARDER 2 15" L5S OR 2 RE SX 18S?

29z9yxk.jpg

ANY IDEA WHAT ORDER BANDBASS THAT BOX WOULD BE?

if i build this box on my own can i just cut a big ass hole out in my rear deck and reinforce it so the opening on the picture is close to the hole i can cut out in the deck minus any major supporting brackets if i run into anything of that sort. will i have to cut the port out to certain dimension so that i get a certain frequesncy?.. or can i just make it as big as i possibly can with all the space that i have and HOPE it sounds good cause i dont wanna dump allllll this money into it and it sound like shit and just sell it all and get some prefeab l7 2 15 box

That's basically exactly what my box looks like

My port is 7x22 little smaller now and its 15 inches long so its straight and the opening is on the top the bend is short, there basically is no bend just a open top to change the direction

THIS IS THE BEST DESIGN FOR THIS TRUNK

Find me a crown vic trunk metering over 146 wit the windows sealed up on the dash at at 33hz (that box was 2 15s firing forward 10" port into the rear seat armrest)

new 4th order was much louder and lower on the earometer and it was 1 18 less cone area and 2500 rms instead of 10,000rms

O and yes ur box design is a 4th order, I would do 3 cubes sealed 6 ported face subs down and reverse the polarity (phase) with 120 inches or port ish.... mines a little bigger but im also tunned real low

u should tune to 48! So ur port length will be pretty short probably around 6 to 10"

Im trying to find someone who got a 148+ from the trunk

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Careful cutting that metal out, im welding in a massive amount of steel for support cuz it was flexing over 3 inches.... and that's not good, means it was loosing structural rigidity

but I have also cut the armrest support out :peepwall:

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

and draper, to me it really doesnt matter if the box goes on the side steps or not, i rather it do so that i can place amps under it

I did that with 2 12s I subs firing back 8" port firing into the armrest

it got low had 3 batts and the amps below, but anything bigger than 42 across ur gonna have a hell of a time lifing it in and out, I had 2 lvl 5s and the box weight olmost 300 :lol2: I could get it in the car all by myself, but if u get wider ur smash ur fingers on the opening

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

im totally confusede when it comes down to tuning my port, i think im just gonna make it as big as i possibly can on the rear deck? otherwise i dont how to get exact measurements so that i can actually tune it to something id want (36hz and under)

Archived