Second Skin Audio

XCON 12 Daily 4th order BP idea

Tried using WinISD and just keep getting frustrated, thing pisses me off every time I try it. I'd be very appreciative if somebody would be able to model this box out for me in it just to get a rough idea of what it might be like.

On to the goodies...I've already done pretty much all of the work in terms of designing/drawing it up, here's a pic of it:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292138_3493799296410_1014379508_33220332_1155029047_n.jpg

The port would be firing into the cabin from the trunk, and the cabin would also be sealed off from the trunk. Done some research on 4th's and read that higher Qts woofers of around .4 would be good candidates for a sealed box, which is why I chose an XCON instead of a ZCON for a 4th order idea. The sealed section is right at the maximum suggested optimal specs that SSA offers of 1.5 cubic feet, so I just went at it from there. The ported section is tuned at ~56Hz with just over 18 square inches of port area per cubic foot. I'd also have it hooked up to a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D if I were to do this in case that info is needed. All other info should be listed in the picture above.

I've been uncertain of what I really want for the past few weeks and I think it's just time to nail this decision right on the head. If this box looks like it should be good, then let me know! Again, if you can model this up in WinISD or some similar program then I'd be extremely grateful. Cheers!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Forgot to include the sub specs last night, just in case anybody is kind enough to model it up in WinISD =)

12" XCON D2:

Re: 3.7

Fs: 32.4Hz

Qms: 5.24

Qes: .39

Qts: .37

Mms: 222g

Vas: 35 l

Sd: 480 cm^2

Bl: 20.65

Spl: 86.7 1W/1m

Xmax: 31mm