Sonic Electronix

well just bought a 5 speed 95 corolla, picked it up for 150 but it needs a clutch and had a lil bit of body damage. i already fixed one of the worst things on the body with a replaced door that was the same color. it does need a new back driver side door, a trunk lid, possible a same color passenger fender but i already have a black one, maybee a hood and front bumper but i don t think it will need them all and if it does i can get them cheap at the local yard. i already got the clutch and paid for it to be put in, and i m planning on doing the timing belt this month sometime.

but on to the system

i already have a single infinity 100.3 dvc 10inch that is a pretty good little sub a ppi 500.1 amp to run it some where around 250 300 rms, power rf 4 inch door speakers, possible do some other rf speakers and another amp later, i do already have a lot of powerbass items including 1100.5, 300.2x, and some power bass 6x9s i might use but i m not doin anything but the rf speakers and infinity amp.

i do have an almost brandnew kenwood deck and all of my wiring also(everything except speaker wire)

but what i m trying to do is show people at my school that you don t need to have 2 15s to be loud if u play it smart.

i m going to expanding foam the trunk and deaden it and the doors hopefully the roof also but my main concerns our on the box

what do you guys think would be the best box designs? i m planing ported but i d like it to be tunable, so would i use a aeroport? or?

keep in mind i kno this isn t going to be crazy super ass loud but i think, hope, and pray that it will be decent

Edited by gowerryan

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

system in planing stages right now

You got a running car for $150 you sure you arnt missing a zero, damn. But anyway if you want flexible tuning an aero Port is the simplest way to do it.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

sealing the box forward from the trunk will help alot...gets rid of alot of ass rattle too...you can use cardboard to make templates to fill the gaps on the side of the box...so you dont have to spray foam the hell outta the trunk...i would also suggest using real sound deadener or sound dampener instead of trying to use spray foam...

aero ports are the easier option for tunable boxes...i will tell you now with the equipment you listed your going to come nowhere close to sounding as loud as 2 15s...i dont care what kind of box you build...not trying to be a dick

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I dont recomend expanding foam. At least do peal and seal. And box designs you have to test, every car is different. Will oyu be keeping your back seats down or up?

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

You got a running car for $150 you sure you arnt missing a zero, damn. But anyway if you want flexible tuning an aero Port is the simplest way to do it.

Also, off possible you should seal it off from the trunk and fire it into the interior.

ya i got i hella cheap runs a lil rough but its either a cloged injector or a new rotor and cap, i got some junk yard injectors to replace them and of corse a new rotor and cap are pretty cheap...

but on to the audio.....would i port it through the back deck or just next to the sub, or even though the seat? i d like for it not to interfere with being able to have back passengers if all possible...

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

I dont recomend expanding foam. At least do peal and seal. And box designs you have to test, every car is different. Will oyu be keeping your back seats down or up?

do not, I repeat, DO NOT use peel and seal. I made the mistake of using it and deeply regret it. It might work all right at first, but then it will start smelling and falling off if it is exposed to any kind of heal. And the stuff is nearly impossible to remove.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

sealing the box forward from the trunk will help alot...gets rid of alot of ass rattle too...you can use cardboard to make templates to fill the gaps on the side of the box...so you dont have to spray foam the hell outta the trunk...i would also suggest using real sound deadener or sound dampener instead of trying to use spray foam...

aero ports are the easier option for tunable boxes...i will tell you now with the equipment you listed your going to come nowhere close to sounding as loud as 2 15s...i dont care what kind of box you build...not trying to be a dick

i kno i m not going to be super loud....i just want that level where people are surprised that its only one ten.........and whats a good deadener that not ridiculously priced?

so no go on expanding foam...whats a good deadener the not crazy expensive?

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

do not, I repeat, DO NOT use peel and seal. I made the mistake of using it and deeply regret it. It might work all right at first, but then it will start smelling and falling off if it is exposed to any kind of heal. And the stuff is nearly impossible to remove.

don t worry i m not going to use peal and seal.....a friend of mine used it and it didn t help him at all and his car still smells like it

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed