Sonic Electronix

2007 Tocoma And Bass Help

ok my step dad has a 2007 toyota tocoma and he wants some bass, first thing is i need some opinions on some really good shallow mount subs, and then would somebody be nice enough to design a box but the demenision might be confusing but i'll try to describe it. the depth is 13 inches at the bottom but then it gets smaller to 8 inches at the top, 15 inches wide and 15 inches high, and i'm pretty sure it's too small to port but if it's possible that would be great. shoot i'll take all the help i can get, cuz i don't know how like if u have a dual 4 ohm sub then u need wat kind of amp versus at 2 ohm sub, all that ohms stuff keeps confusin me

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

Not sure why you need a shallow mount, you have about 10 inches of mounting depth if I understand your dimensions right. You have about .95 cubes sealed. A DVC 2 ohm wired down to 1 ohm will be good if you only use one sub, but if you use more than one sub go with a DVC 4 ohm. If you could get a picture of where the sub would go, that would help. Also, is it a quad cab, single, ect.?

it's a quad cab, and it's goin behind the seats, the fold down to some storage compartment, we're thinkin bout rippin out the plastic mold that makes up the storage compartment which gives us the given measurements, the reason it's goin to be angled is cuz when the seats are up they slant back just a lil also it's goin to be 2 subs in seperate boxes on both sides of the truck

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

you can fit 2-3 10" subs. Im actually building a box for my boys tacoma after the new year. I did some research on some Taco forums and found a basic design that will work.

th_tacoboxsize.jpg

click to make bigger

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

Archived