2004 GTO... bagged on CCW's... ever evolving...

Forgot to post this up yesterday. I got the spoiler mounting hole vinyl covers so I don't break the spoiler. $15 for the covers > $300 for a new spoiler. I think eventually I will get a lip spoiler my brother's GTO has one made by JHP which looks great.

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny

BIG BIG day. I sealed of my trunk vents that go into the rear bumper (no bumper flex for me). I deadened the rear quarters somewhat. I used some heat insulation stuff from lowe's to fill the voids in my trunk I didn't want expanding foam in my nearly pristine car. I have all 3 deka's hooked up and the car's computer is telling me its resting at 14.4 volts at idle. I finally got some pics of the box. I am planning to finish the sub stage in the morning (I just have to hook up the crescendo). I also ran wire to my dash for my tweeters. I also got my amp rack cut at lowe's today. tomorrow I am going to round over the edges and wrap it in red vinyl. Also bought a digital multi-meter today I was enjoying checking stuff lol. My battery's all sit at 12.57 volts with the engine off, my sub has 2.7 ohms of impedance per coil, yeah I was enjoying my new toy.

I'm now just waiting on the HID kit from DDM tuning and stickers from Fi to have all I need/want for slamology. I am planning on ordering BC coilovers upon my return from slamology. Its about to be loud then it will be time for some go-fast goodies plans: (Pacesetter LTs, straight mids, K&N cai or svede otrcai, and suspension work)

pics:

2 batteries

7364364156_ff495425a4_z.jpg

Box and sub in car:

7364362966_2e36c5da5e_c.jpg

the box doesn't have scuff there just some dirt/dust. Not bad for my first box. I have to give a lot of thanks to Kenneth (ktraughb) and Nathan (not on car audio forums) for all the help they gave me. I'm kind of feeling a TNAW logo on the big empty space next to the sub.

trunk seal if you can tell: (yes its the b-stock damp pro I <3 blems both deka and second skin)

7179137683_ed37ab139b_z.jpg

Check Out my build log

I got back from Slamology without any problems and I met some great people and saw some awesome cars both in the slammed and slammin' section. I'm really glad I went I will definitely be attending next year regardless of what system is in the car. I probably will stick with the single 15 and try to message every decibel out of the current set up. I metered a 139.5 at 47 hertz with it as it is. I was pretty disappointed with the numbers both in frequency and loudness. However for the 1st time I've built anything for my car I'm happy enough with it. I probably will try to get these parts to work efficiently. I think I will keep the front stage because it sounds damn good and I only spent $300 on it. I need to pull the "amp rack" if you can call it that to wrap it in red vinyl. I think I might make some trim panels to hide the batteries.

a pic from the show:

20120617141451895.jpg

Check Out my build log

your not the only one dissapointed with those numbers. if you got a 139.5 im probably less than that. lol post some videos.

I will post some video tomorrow probably going to do another distance test with the new front stage then something of the car flexing. I'm not sure on the number because sat in some other cars metering around 138-139 dbs and my seemed noticeably louder and when metering on tones several songs sound a lot louder to me so we'll see what it does when I get around to metering it again. I also managed to rip the parking brake override out of my headunit in the rush of getting the car done for slamology... So now I get to fix the headunit, install my HIDs and try to figure out the suspension upgrade because sagging like this has to be bad for it...

Check Out my build log

how did you meter sealed or windows down.

it did a 139.5 both ways. I did drivers door open and closed, windows up for all tests, rear seat in and out, did both sealed on the dash and open on the dash and open at the headrest. 139.5 every way the tuning frequency changed through out though I think at 1 point it was 42 hz or so. The GTO's are full of variables is what I am thinking. Now I need to try to eliminate some of them

Check Out my build log

I'm uploading something like 5 videos. I broke my trunk lid trim panel today which sucks. I am not buying another right now so I am just going to CA glue it back together. Vids will be up shortly nothing too exciting I could tell something wasn't right all day long so I'm kind of bummed about it even more now...

Check Out my build log

Archived