Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have the white MacBook unibody style macbook. And i have the original 2g of RAM and it's becoming too small. I want an upgrade but im not sure how to go about doing that... I found a site online that sells the sticks of RAM that is compatible with my laptop. But does that mean if i buy it do I have to install it? Is that a simple process? Or should I spend more money and take it to Apple to do it?

Here is the site

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_MacBook_MacBook_Pro/Upgrade/DDR3_White

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg
Posted

My dad had a macbook pro, he just ordered the new ram and went to a apple store and had them do it. I say just let them do it just to be on the safe side cuz you dont want to screw up on them, expensive mistake.:P

Setup

Ride: Toyota Corolla

Headunit: Alpine CDE-123

Subwoofers: Fi Q 18

Amplifiers: Memphis 16 Pri-1000

Speakers Front: JL Audio TR650-CSI Comp's

Speakers Back: JL Audio TR650-CSI Coax's

Posted

so should I buy RAM and bring it to them? or let them install whatever they have? because im sure they use a certain brand/type and whatnot that they normally use. Im sure this one I found would be compatible but probably wont be under Apple warranty even if they do install it... BUT its most likely cheaper. lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg
Posted

Yeah I'd go with them, the ram that they are going to want to put in is going to be more expensive most likely. I personally would go with their ram, that way if it were to be defective or have any problems, they're left with the responsibility of fixing it.

Setup

Ride: Toyota Corolla

Headunit: Alpine CDE-123

Subwoofers: Fi Q 18

Amplifiers: Memphis 16 Pri-1000

Speakers Front: JL Audio TR650-CSI Comp's

Speakers Back: JL Audio TR650-CSI Coax's

Posted

Installing ram is very simple, pop the cover off by unscrewing the screws on the bottom of the laptop and then remove the old sticks and insert the new ones. If i was you I would go with crucial brand ram, their cheap and great ram.

Posted

yeah i guess that makes sense. I couldnt find anything about it on their site. SO im gonna have to call them. I also want to upgrade my processor to a quadCore but I havent looked much into options when it comes to that.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg
Posted

Installing ram is very simple, pop the cover off by unscrewing the screws on the bottom of the laptop and then remove the old sticks and insert the new ones. If i was you I would go with crucial brand ram, their cheap and great ram.

Idk I figured it wasnt difficult but wasnt sure. I'll look into that brand.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 650 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...