Second Skin Audio

Dc lvl 2 box design

Hey there guys, I was wondering of anyone was willing to show me a good box design. For a dc lvl 2 d2 sub that will be getting powered by an hifonics brz1200.1d at 1 ohm. The max dimensions are 40x20x20 but it really doesn't matter. It is going in the back of a ford focus if that changes anything. He would like to have it tuned in the 35 range, because he listens ton a lot of techno/dubstep. I would do it myself, but I do not understand Torres well enough to make my own, and I don't want to mess my friend's subwoofer up. Thanks a ton in advance!

Edit: tuning

Edited by sundown-e21

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Do I have to pay for a design?

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Check out my build log in my sig, I have a lvl 2 12" and I'm very impressed with the results I got...I have a Torres and sketchup pic in my build log as well.

That will be perfect! Does it reach its limits on* 700w? I will be running more power

Edited by sundown-e21

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo

Well it moves pretty good, but it probobly take a lil more but I wouldn't try it. It gets plenty loud for a single 12 and if you want to get louder I'd get more come area. That's just my opinion though :D

Idk you will have to message him.

I was told about 800 for the lvl 2 8. Maybe a little more depending what size you get.

With your amp I'd get 2 subs to run at 1 ohm.

If you go with the single sub route i'd wire it at 2 ohm

Edited by Trey_Dog650

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Well, not my decision, he already ordered the sub and it's coming next Tuesday. I printed out your box design, and going to home depot in about 2 hours.

Let me add that this is for his car, not mine.

Edited by sundown-e21

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo

Yeah didn't realize the amp would be overpowering it, but Id rather overpower a sub than underpower one. I can always turn the gain down if it unloads/tops out

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo