Sundown Audio

A question on mono amps, things I have noticed

It's for ease of wiring. On my RF T2500BDCP I have a 2ohm load going into each input. The amp is internally bridged so that makes my final load 1 ohm

so basically it so that I could use one dist block and run multiple runs of wire and have them all pretty much wired to 1 set of wires so I can have all those wires wired in to one set of speaker wire terminals? does that sound right or am I still off? I just want to know so when I get around to doing my big build I know everything that I can so that I can have it as close to perfection as posible.

Ok so I get why they put 2 terminals on them now thanks. But say I only have 1 sub how would I wire it the the terminals than. And yes I know I am stupid but what exactly does a dist block do I've seen a lot of mixed emotions on here about them so I guess what I'm asking is what is the fuction of it and what are the pros and cons of it? ( sorry for asking so many questions and not knowing anything but I have been trying to do my research)

distribution blocks are used to "distribute" the power to your amps...usually when your running 2 amps...say a 4channel and a 2channel/mono amps it is also fused to help protect the amps...for example power from front is fused up front...travels to rear distro block where it is fused (smaller than front) before the power goes out to the amps

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg