Sundown Audio

A question on mono amps, things I have noticed

Ok so obviously I'm new to this site and car audio, so maybe I'm wrong so this is why I'm asking so I know for sure. Ok so I have been looking at mono amps online and I have noticed that some that I have seen picture the amp with 2 hookups for example 2 places for pos and 2 for neg and I always thought that would be a 2 channel amp because all the mono amps I have had only have a spot for 1 pos and 1 neg so if somebody could explain to me that either the picture is wrong or im wrong I would appreciate it thanks.

Basically, Its just for easier, And cleaner wiring is all. Other then that, There connected internally. So both Positives together, and Negatives together.

I think that should answer your question. ;)

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Are you talking about amps with triple power inputs like on the DC audio 9k? It so you can run more power wire into the amp

Edited by andrew018018

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

Basically, Its just for easier, And cleaner wiring is all. Other then that, There connected internally. So both Positives together, and Negatives together.

I think that should answer your question. ;)

this for the most part answered my question but to clarify its basically to sets in one?

Are you talking about amps with triple power inputs like on the DC audio 9k? It so you can run more power wire into the amp

well I havent really payed much attention to DC because I dont have a dealer around where I live and I dont know how to order anything from them otherwise (which I wish I did so I could buy things) but if your asking about that it has 3 power spots I would assume that you would hook up 3 power cables to it maybe I'm wrong but really what I was asking about was for the speaker wire

lol I guess I didnt read all of what you wrote the first time

Edited by PURP's 02 Denali

Now i get what you're saying haha, you're talking about the speaker output terminals! Yes its very common for monoblock amps to have terminals like that, it just makes it easier to hook up multiple subs/subs with multiple voicecoils basically the two positive and two negative are the same thing.. internally the amp will only have one positive and one negative output (monoblock).

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

think of it as a distribution block for speaker inputs.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

its so you dont have to try to jam big bulks of wire into the single positive and negative terminals when wiring up multiple subs...anyone that ran 4+ subs before they started putting the extra speaker terminals on amps knows how much of a bitch it was to get all that wire into 1 pos/neg terminal

plus now it is more common to run large wire for subs..like 8/10gauge...some even run 4gauge for really high power handling subs

Edited by stroupe79

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Ok so I get why they put 2 terminals on them now thanks. But say I only have 1 sub how would I wire it the the terminals than. And yes I know I am stupid but what exactly does a dist block do I've seen a lot of mixed emotions on here about them so I guess what I'm asking is what is the fuction of it and what are the pros and cons of it? ( sorry for asking so many questions and not knowing anything but I have been trying to do my research)

Ok so I get why they put 2 terminals on them now thanks. But say I only have 1 sub how would I wire it the the terminals than. And yes I know I am stupid but what exactly does a dist block do I've seen a lot of mixed emotions on here about them so I guess what I'm asking is what is the fuction of it and what are the pros and cons of it? ( sorry for asking so many questions and not knowing anything but I have been trying to do my research)

You just use one of each, one positive terminal and one negative terminal, it doesnt matter whether it's the inner ones or the outer ones, just use one + and one -

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

You just use one of each, one positive terminal and one negative terminal, it doesnt matter whether it's the inner ones or the outer ones, just use one + and one -

ok thanks, I figured that just thought I would ask.