Sundown Audio

need help finding an amp

PURP's 02 Denali

I'm going to buy a skar audio vvx-15 shortly but I'm wondering what I should use for an amp, and I was thinking about getting a 1000w amp but I'm not sure now because I see a lot of people on here giving there subs the rms rating so I dont know what size amp to get now I always thought you get the most out of your subs by giving them the peak but I must have been misinformed, if somebody could help me that would be great. i know the vvx15 are 600 rms, or at least I'm pretty sure they are, so what would be the best size amp to give them? and also I'm looking for a good cheaper amp seeing that I will be upgrading soon aswell, to either 4 vvx15 or at least 2 of the new AA SMD 18s when they come out. so all I need for now is a good cheap amp that will make this 1 15 slap. thanks for any help/advice/input

I know this is the amps section but if somebody could explain to me the rms and peak on a sub that would be great too otherwise I will post a new post in the subs section thanks

go for 1-1.2k

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE
JVC KD-APD49 Headunit
(4) Infinity Kappa 652.9i components @ 2 ohm
(1) Infinity Reference 475a amplifier
(2) Skar Audio V-VXV1 12D4's
Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 @ 1 Ohm

----------------------------------------------
j9cBS.jpgxoGuA.jpg

yeah a vvx can take it no problem

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE
JVC KD-APD49 Headunit
(4) Infinity Kappa 652.9i components @ 2 ohm
(1) Infinity Reference 475a amplifier
(2) Skar Audio V-VXV1 12D4's
Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 @ 1 Ohm

----------------------------------------------
j9cBS.jpgxoGuA.jpg

Don't bother with peak power, it is the power you sub will see for a fraction of a second... the number you should look at is the RMS rating which is the "average power" (actually DC equivalent)

I would get the brz1200, the don't get much cheaper than this for rated power

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23548_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1200.1D.html?SearchClickout%5Bquery_id%5D=8936393&SearchClickout%5BIgnore%5D=1

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

thanks guys and I will most likley buy a used amp but I was just wondering on peoples preferences and maybe seeing if people had a more common opinion on any certain amp not to turn this into a vs, but if there was an amp more people liked in the catagory of what I'm looking for so the more opinions/preferences the better

Archived