Sundown Audio

Sundown 2012 Amp Line... first bit of information!

SAX125.4case_SML.jpg

SAX-125.4

Hmmm... this sure does look small, huh ?

Tested Power Factory Spec :

138x4 at 4

203x4 at 2

438x2 at 4

What size inputs & where the logos?

If the 125.4(125.2) a four channel now, is the specs on the 100.4 going up?

Are all the new amps gone be smaller/shorter??

4 awg inputs -- we usually don't get logos on prototypes for the sake of getting them quickly.

The 100.4 is no longer in the line -- this amp, 125.4, replaces it. When we do the new two-channel it will be 150.2

All of our new SAZ / SAX amps will be smaller, yes.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

That's awesome u guys are going with new rca ports with my 100.4 every time i pull the rca's out the the metal ports come out as well.

2 Sundown Sa 10s in a 2 cube boxed tuned to 35 hz running at 1 ohm off of an aq2200d. Mids/ Highs hertz hsk 165 and rainbow slc mids running off a sundown sax 100.4 Deck is Pioneer avic d3.

are the logos going to be in the same old spots? I would be interested in seeing them all in the center silver bar

I am still mulling that over -- since the bar can rotate we could put the logo and model # just on the bar.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

are the logos going to be in the same old spots? I would be interested in seeing them all in the center silver bar

I am still mulling that over -- since the bar can rotate we could put the logo and model # just on the bar.

that is something i always would have liked to see sice the 1500dv1 I mean, the mirror image was better, but you still always had one upside down. I know its just looks.

SAX125.4pcb_SML.jpg

GUTS of SAX-125.4 model -- lots of stuff packed in there... we did opt for some surface mount parts in this guy to pack it in as small of a case as we could. Traditionally we shy away from them but I think they will work well in a multi-channel unit and afford us the small size our customers want.

Crossover is equal to the SAX-100.4d except we had to lose the 12/24dB selection on the crossover -- it is fixed on 24 dB now.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Mind if I ask why you chose the CapXon caps for your amps, cost effectiveness I'm assuming? They are prone to failures, along with OST and RLP branded caps. In all my experience with electronics repairs, those are the three brands that fail the most often, I have replaced hundreds upon hundreds of them in the past couple of years alone.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

Mind if I ask why you chose the CapXon caps for your amps, cost effectiveness I'm assuming? They are prone to failures, along with OST and RLP branded caps. In all my experience with electronics repairs, those are the three brands that fail the most often, I have replaced hundreds upon hundreds of them in the past couple of years alone.

I've had great experience with their caps with extremely limited failures over the last 5 years as we've used alot of them (10s of thousands of caps) -- I've had problems with several other brands, though, which we will not use again for any reason. Suppose it could depend on the application and if the cap is used beyond it's specification but we have had VERY good results with CapXon.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Surprising, although the failures I have seen seem to be limited to certain values of caps, and in a lot cases they were probably under rated for the voltage and capacitance required for the circuit. But the amps sure have do some well laid out board designs. Give your engineer a pat on the back, they look great!

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!