Sundown Audio

1500 watts RMS

Kiean123

Hellllo!

To run 1500 RMS, off of an SK-1500 or MBquart1500, will electrical upgrades be needed for an Acura RL 2005? It has a 130amp alternator. If so, what do I need?! Thanks!

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

Big 3 in 1/0ga. Battery in the rear. 1/0ga from the front batt to the rear batt. And 1/0ga or 4ga from the rear batt to the amp.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Sounds good. I can do all of those myself but big 3, dang. Can't get to the wires. Thanks tho! How big of a battery in the back, do most local shops do big 3, and would that electrical be the same if I went down to 1200 watts?

p.s. haters how does your bass level up.. how does it sound?!

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

Sounds good. I can do all of those myself but big 3, dang. Can't get to the wires. Thanks tho! How big of a battery in the back, do most local shops do big 3, and would that electrical be the same if I went down to 1200 watts?

Think first do the big 3. What kind of batt did you have in the car now? If it´s a lead acid batt replace it with the biggest baddest XS-Power batt

you can fit under the hood and surly 0/1 gauge runs. If you want ground the amp on the batt, it´s the best place for ground.

If you still have worries after these upgrade, or you can´t place a big enough XS batt under the hood, than it´s time to get a 2. batt

for the trunk.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Eh I dunno if the local shops will do them or how much they'll charge to do the big 3, I've always done them myself. You don't need any huge battery in the back, I'm running something similar to an XS Power D975 and my voltage holds pretty well for pushing ~1600 watts. I had the same electrical setup running 1200 watts and had really little voltage drop. And you have a higher amp alternator than I do, so a D975 or a D1200 will be just fine for the rear.

And to me, my bass sounds great. Friggin love these subs. So far, they've handled everything I've thrown at them musically... Dubstep, rap, rock, country, all kinds of music, and the response has been great!

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Think first do the big 3. What kind of batt did you have in the car now? If it´s a lead acid batt replace it with the biggest baddest XS-Power batt

you can fit under the hood and surly 0/1 gauge runs. If you want ground the amp on the batt, it´s the best place for ground.

If you still have worries after these upgrade, or you can´t place a big enough XS batt under the hood, than it´s time to get a 2. batt

for the trunk.

Alright! You are correct about the battery. Stock Lead acid. I guess I will have to just take this step by step.. with my limited funds. Running around for someone who will do a big 3 will be first. I'll see how that goes. Then, I have to decide if I'm gonna go with a 1500 watt amp or 1200 watt. I think I'll just buy a nice 1200 watt amp then upgrade electrical to have stronger voltage, then upgrade my amp later down the road. sound good?

Eh I dunno if the local shops will do them or how much they'll charge to do the big 3, I've always done them myself. You don't need any huge battery in the back, I'm running something similar to an XS Power D975 and my voltage holds pretty well for pushing ~1600 watts. I had the same electrical setup running 1200 watts and had really little voltage drop. And you have a higher amp alternator than I do, so a D975 or a D1200 will be just fine for the rear.

And to me, my bass sounds great. Friggin love these subs. So far, they've handled everything I've thrown at them musically... Dubstep, rap, rock, country, all kinds of music, and the response has been great!

Lol I'm glad you like the subs! can't wait to test mine out. How long can you keep it full tilt for? aka.. I travel longroad trips a lot. and would like to keep my music playing a lot of the time.. So because of that might go with a 1200watt amp instead of 1500+.. The D975's aren't that expensive. Might just get one for the hell of it.

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

Sometimes i wonder myself why Big 3 is not called Big 4, incase is no biggie to do it by yourself maby with a friend together.

If you didn´t saw till now here the Big3 tutorial http://www.stevemead...big-3-tutorial/

PS. place the biggest under the hood, if you can go bigger than a 975 or 1200, it´s realy worse the buck and the fun

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Thanks, will look into it in detail later :)

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

Not too bad of a price.. Really wasn't looking to spend more than 150+ on a battery for only 1500watts. I can move around it though. How do you charge batteries like that? Is a 30 dollar trickle charger like this the only thing needed? http://www.apexbattery.com/schumacher-mc-1-manual-trickle-charger-battery-chargers-schumacher-battery-chargers.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=164400

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.