SPL Meter wrong or do i suck??

so i have this cheap radioshack SPL meter. It is weighted but beside the fact that everyone says they are inaccurate. I have a Skar VVX 15 with a concpet HPN 1500. definatly pretty loud but when i use the meter, it reads about 124db. . . is that possibly accurate seeing as the meter is reading it or is it wrong? the max o the meter is 126db... heres a link to the one any opinions. i can also post pictures or videos of what im talking about if aynone wants. thanks guys

p.s. im mainly doing this because i dont wanna go to my first comp and compete and look like and idiot with this shitty system...

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Testeq/RadioShack_33-2050/33-2050.htm

there is a correction chart and give or take the freq i am at it still only measures about 127-128

That wont be accurate at all. Those use microphones to measure loudness, and as we know bass rips microphones a new asshole. Termlab uses different sensor technology.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

The fact that a correction has to be done at all should indicate the accuracy of the meter. Until you get on a TermLab it's impossible to know what you're actually hitting unless you're an amazing guesser. Even people who have done this for years will be 5-10dB off sometimes in their guesses just due to how audio works.

There are people with TermLabs who will let you use/rent them and test your equipment if you drive to where they are. If you're up in NH I have no idea who's even close to you though. There's a few good guys in Connecticut and Pennsylvania that I know of who are top of the league in audio and have TL's they let others use but it'd be a bit of a haul.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

i saw a really old crappy kicker in a small sealed enclosure on i think he said 200rms do a 128db on termlab, i probably can guarentee you're louder then that lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

haha well personally im doing low 140's with my 2 15's on 2400rms .. on music, so you could be up there with burps easily :)

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Archived