Parts Express Indeed!

How you like your self made components? Everything looks well thought out. I have several of those Focal Woofers myself, but haven't put them in anything. I was going to use them in a door setup like yours are in your doors, but that got put on hold.

Keep up the good work and keep that Box a rollin' down the road. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Thank you sir :D

My self made components sound really good actually, with the Focals playing full range, and the Tang Band tweeters playing from 5k to 20k, works really well together, and they get loud too on just headunit power, keeps up with my sub, though of course I do wanna get a mids and highs amp in the future.

Though the Tang-bands, I do have to say, sound really good for the price, they have a flat response, and a neutral sound, so I'm hearing parts I either barely hear on my Audio-Technica headphones, or parts I never heard at all. There's something about neo magnets that make speakers shine, I don't know why.

Well, with the budget I have to work with, even now with a job, I still have to be wise with my money, so I try to do everything carefully,plan everything out, and do it right the 1st time.

But next plan, after I get my paycheck, is order some B-stock 80 mil Audio Technix to deaden my trunk so it stops the rattle, the reardeck which makes a horrible noise(trunk cars suck sometimes), and deaden my front doors to see if I get better midbass, and clarity off my Focals. Also have to modify the speaker adapter with a 6.5 mdf ring since the magnet of the Focals are touching the frame of my door.

Also want to learn to glass to fix my hack job of an a-pillar lol, still have to ask you or HunterJohnson some questions.

Though for future plans, been thinking of replacing my Focals with some Peerless speakers, and putting the Focal's on the reardoor, so I can ditch my stock reardeck speakers. Also gonna install a voltmeter that I ordered off Ebay to check the status of my electrical. So at the meantime, still coming up with ideas so far, but I think I go.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Cool cool.

Fiberglass is just a get in there and do it kind of thing. Well- it was with me at least. :D And invest in a palm sander. I can't understand how people sand stuff by hand. No sir, not this guy.

On the Peerless speakers- I actually got some a while back on the cheap from PartsExpress (where else, right?) and put in my wife's TrailBlazer. And they sound GOOD. I was really surprised at how good.

Keep the ideas coming and hang in there- I know how it is with working with a budget.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Good thing I do have a small sander, just need to buy new sand paper for it, cause I hate sanding by hand.

I should be able to increase my budget in a few months, my budget isn't as big right cause I'm saving up to replace my timing belt soon cause my car has that interference engine, so don't wanna lose an engine, that would be very inconvenient, and I'm saving up to build a new computer cause besides being an audio enthusiast, I'm also a computer nerd, and I've been due for a while.

Though, must be nice to have a van to work with, reminds of when my dad used to have an 86' Ford Aerostar Eddie Bauer edition back in the late 90's, loved that thing so much, but it had so many problems, so he had to get rid of it, I miss it sometimes.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I would just like to add that I just did the same terminal leads like you did and showed my work at my local car audio shop, where they tried explaining to me that it would not work..... he was an SQ guy so that pretty much explains it lmao. you could always try fiberglassing in the future to make that look better, I'm sure it sounds great though.

I don't see why it wouldn't, bolt terminals work alot better than terminal cups, and I like it better than drilling a hole, and sticking wires through. It does sound great, and it works for now.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Update for today

New leather steering wheel cover( something random but I never said it was just an all audio log)

291360_510031425680448_1699409120_o.jpg

And better yet, New Video, where I actually talk lol

Update on my DD-1, got a call today from one of Steve Meade's colleagues, he was wondering what happened, and I told him Fedex damaged my DD-1, so he was kind enough to ship today with the nice fancy 2-day shipping, so my dd-1 should be here Thursday. Props to the guys at Wccaraudio for great customer service.

Oh yeah, also got my paycheck, so Audio-Technix 80 mill, here I come :D

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Review of the DD-1

Very useful tool, amp is now running cooler while being louder :D

My headunit(Kenwood DNX7100) clips at 35 outta 35, but since the speakers distorts horribly at 34 since it's on headunit power, and I usually listen at 28, I set for the full signal of the amplifier to be set at volume 29. I 1st used the -10 db track, but the amp was running hot as shit, so I switched to -5 db, and it ended up being louder while having the amp stay cool, and plus all my songs don't go past -5db( not even my decaf songs) according to audacity, and I don't like going past 29, so my amp should run perfect now.

Now if I got a mids and highs amp, I would set at 34 then, but till then, full bass amp signal will be at 29.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Update, got my b stock Audio-Technix 80 mill in today, though gonna install tomorrow, since it's raining right now.

Made a neat little show with all the goodies

621918_511286448888279_291572430_o.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived