Just got back from an 1800 mile road trip to the Florida Keys and back. I won this truck at a steal of a price on eBay!

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

Did I mention it's my first vehicle? ;)

P.S. It has some entry level Kicker 12" (It's black and yellow, so is it a Comp? I don't know much about Kicker, lol.) on a Sony Xplod amp. If you have a regular cab with a system, link me please or post some pics. I'd like some ideas on how to work with the limited space I have behind the seats. A blow through isn't an option right now. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

ive fallen in love, that truck looks sick!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

that thing looks sweet, not bad for a 1st vehicle

dont know much about door poppers and sht but can u hear it trying to open?

i would try to see if it works, take the door panel off next and try to manually open it if u can

that thing looks sweet, not bad for a 1st vehicle

dont know much about door poppers and sht but can u hear it trying to open?

i would try to see if it works, take the door panel off next and try to manually open it if u can

Thanks, not bad at all! Still learning how to drive a manual though.

Yeah, when I press the remote button I can hear the popper clicking trying to open the door. I'm going to take the door panel off as soon as I get that special tool to remove the window roller handle and see if I can make any progress that way.

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

Nice truck. You don't need a special tool to get the window crank off. Use a small flathead screwdriver. It's just a little clip that holds the crank on. If you push in on the door panel and look in there you should be able to see it. My guess as to why it won't open though is with suicide doors you have to be really careful about putting weight on them or they can get out of alignment. Someone probably leaned on it or used it to pull themself out and knocked it out of alignment so when it shut it kinda jammed. Once that happens the popper won't be strong enough to pull the lever to open it. I take it there are no inside door handles? If not that would be the first thing I would do once getting the door open.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Nice truck. You don't need a special tool to get the window crank off. Use a small flathead screwdriver. It's just a little clip that holds the crank on. If you push in on the door panel and look in there you should be able to see it. My guess as to why it won't open though is with suicide doors you have to be really careful about putting weight on them or they can get out of alignment. Someone probably leaned on it or used it to pull themself out and knocked it out of alignment so when it shut it kinda jammed. Once that happens the popper won't be strong enough to pull the lever to open it. I take it there are no inside door handles? If not that would be the first thing I would do once getting the door open.

There are inside door handles but the previous owner took the door apart to work on it and lost the spring for it hours before I arrived to pick up the truck... My Uncle's body shop has the tool for the crank and I'm heading there tonight to get the panel off and take a look at the door. The door does look like it has dropped off of it's track because it doesn't align with the paint on the rest of the vehicle. I'm hoping I can solve this puzzle tonight then go to a junkyard and grab a spring for the handle. After that a tune-up is in order because it sat for 8 months and then everything should be good to go and I can work on the fun stuff!

Good news! After a couple hours we got the driver door open and working! A bolt fell off that was holding the claws and it caused them to be knocked sideways and jam

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

when taking the door panel off it tore the pioneer 3 way 6.5" in half. haha ^^^

IMG_1460.jpg

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

Update: One of the BRAND NEW 380's went out as my Dad and I were about to redo the electrical for the compressors. Turns out the jackass hillbilly that owned it before me completely bullshitted the wiring job under the truck. Anybody know if I can rebuild the compressor or if I can get it repaired? I'd rather not buy another compressor if I can help it.

found the pos and neg melted together under the truck (way to small gauge wire to handle the compressor):

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

what the fuck is this even?

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

found this wrapped up under the pressure switch:

IMG_1481.jpg

inside the cab (using a 300 amp breaker for two compressors that draw 17 amps each):

IMG_1480.jpg

time to redo all of it the correct way...

IMG_1484.jpg

I guess this is kind of turning into a build log; should I have the thread moved?

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

is it a Viair compressor?? if so you should be able to contact them and they can advise you on whether to rebuild it or not. also does the guy not have an emergency switch on the outside of the truck anywhere to open the doors incase the remote goes dead??

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

is it a Viair compressor?? also does the guy not have an emergency switch on the outside of the truck anywhere to open the doors incase the remote goes dead??

Yeah, Viair 380C. No there's not one. That's on the to do list.

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

Archived